The "I bought an Outdoor Uke" thread!

They had an update on their Facebook page on April 23 that there was a delay in receiving the last part and that they were hoping to ship finished product early next week. Personally I would rather have them concentrate on putting ukes together than spend some of their time giving us daily updates and telling people numerous times that the price is $100 and they only come in black (so far).

For those that ordered one, I'm still in the "maybe" phase
did you "upgrade" the tuner and strings?

If this turns out to be as tough as it sounds
I may need to order some for the preschool I work at

If it can survive at least a year at the preschool I work at, then I know it's tough :D

Last edited:
I sense the mood is souring. When they do finally ship, the recipients will likely look at it with a much more critical eye than if it shipped on time.

Man, is that the truth. I really don't need any more plastic ukes. I really don't need any more ukes, period. I'm already mulling over canceling a pre-order from another seller, and this one is not far behind.

Although I must say that I never, ever believe a shipping date announced in advance. If the product makes it on the appointed date, it's a bonus. (See Ukulele Exercises for Dummies. [As a bad example, not a good one.])

Last edited:
I am not soured, I just think a web update would be nice.
It only takes a few minutes to post a FB comment.
I am sure it is quicker than answering many individual emails and/or phone calls.

Man, when they took off any kind of expected shipping date, I had assumed that was a good sign. I was hoping they had gotten it all in stock. It really bothers me that they don't say anywhere on the website that they aren't actually done yet. Although its not entirely because of the delays, my UAS focus has drifted elsewhere. Best of luck to those who preordered!

Have patience? The frustration is the same for lots of stuff. raspberry pi promised a november delivery originally and only started taking orders last day of feb the next year and didn't start shipping until at least a month later. the recent ouya has some delays and people were mad about that as well. With how fast electronics go out of date I can understand getting mad about a 6 month delay, but a few days? Come on!

The only other way to handle a new product launch is for a company to advertise *nothing* about what's going on until the last second, then announce it while it's ready to ship. Or better yet promise absolutely nothing to anyone and just post occasional updates. Perhaps ignorance is bliss?

Last edited:
I've backed Kickstarter projects in the past, and things always seem to go slower than expected. It's a complicated process, and it's usually being handled by someone who hasn't done it before. Patience is the key. Remember to relax—it's a ukulele!

It's easy to tell people to be patient. It's actually more effective for the folks who charged credit cards long before shipping to keep th people whose cards have been charged informed. Last update on facebook was The 23rd, nearly a week ago. I can see giving people slack for a parts delay, but going silent for a week is a bit much.

He just said on FB that they are running about ten days behind schedule.

Hope that helps.

huh? what, where? just checked and don't see those comments or the videos about the first manufactured sets.

Btw I've become totally convinced that facebook is absolutely the wrong vehicle to use for this type product. Well, it's wrong to use for publicity. They'd be better off with a blog for their announcements, etc.

They seem to have removed it (because of the way it sounded perhaps????). It was ten seconds of a guy in a green shirt strumming the open strings. The text said that they were assembling # 1 - 30 this afternoon. Now there's a still shot of four on a workbench, the video is gone, and it says that they'll "try another video tomorrow".

We're a tough crowd. :)

Add - There were comments? Now there's only one, and it is a happy comment.

ahh we're in the realtime updates mode! If someone strung one fresh with monofilament and tried to play it I'm sure it would be disastrous.

personally I am excited and patient. It will arrive when it arrives. I am debating changing my shipping address to the summer home???

Top Bottom