The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Have you ever posted to the Island?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After performing this beautiful song at the Seasons Zoom Open Mic session tonight I thought I’d record it as I played it then - no bells, no whistles and nowhere to hide vocally. So this is it, warts and all!

Meant to post this last week but life got away from me. This is a song written by Shady Wilbury ( who joined in the Seasonista fun back in the day). Last Penny Down the Well.

Learned a bit of this last week for my semi-weekly jam with a friend. I'll see if we can record an acoustic version with vocals, but in the meantime, here's a full instrumental.

Jim Yates did a lovely version of this one for John’s recent Bedazzled season, which inspired me to have a go at it too. I first heard this song in the 1980s (an unlikely but beautiful cover version by Prefab Sprout) and loved it.

I rang my bank yesterday. I was on hold for hours, then eventually they said they were closed for the day and that was that. I tried again this morning as soon as the lines opened. I still haven't talked to my bank. I used to moan about this sort of thing on social media, but apparently now it prompts me to write songs. I imagine either way is equally effective. Take that, RBS! Lyrics and chords are in the video description.

I rang my bank yesterday. I was on hold for hours, then eventually they said they were closed for the day and that was that. I tried again this morning as soon as the lines opened. I still haven't talked to my bank. I used to moan about this sort of thing on social media, but apparently now it prompts me to write songs.…
…I think that makes you a fretboard warrior? :)

…I think that makes you a fretboard warrior? :)
Ha, very good. It's definitely more worthwhile than whinging on Twitter. Although to be fair everything is more worthwhile than whinging on Twitter.

i thought some of you may be interested to know
Brian (pabrizzer) + i have a fledgling music channel
on the you tube. by no means prolific (10 songs in 5 years)
we occasionally, spontaneously put something up.
here is a link should anyone like to listen.
THE BUTTERBOXES

I think FAWM might have broken me (in a good way? That's not for me to decide...) in that it's half way through March and I still can't stop.

I noticed that "DeLorean" rhymed with "Historian" and worked outwards. Why did I notice that? I've no idea. Still... computer games, which we briefly talked about at the Saturday open mic session, often have a cheat mode. Alas, real life does not, but sometimes it still feels like it would be nice to know how things turn out in the end.

Actually with a tweaked title this would probably have fit the season just gone...

In anticipation of St Patrick’s Day tomorrow, here’s a collaborative revamp of the song I did for Berni’s ‘Eire’ season. My friend and work colleague Richard Flynn is a highly accomplished trombonist, and we’ve talked for a while about doing some kind of collaboration. This song fitted the bill perfectly, and the glorious Liz Brinker provided the finishing touch to our efforts with her beautiful vocal harmonies. Stick with it if you can - it builds - first with Liz’s harmonies, then Richard’s trombone parts kick in about halfway through. It’s worth the wait!

Happy St Patrick’s Day everyone!

A bit of shameless self-promotion here! This would have been an entry for Christopher’s current 527 season - if I hadn’t already done it for Season 500! Can’t deny I was really pleased with this one! :)

I'd love to hop on the current Season, but I got sucked into this rabbit hole instead.

pertaining to the current season 527,
two George Harrison covers i prepared earlier...

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (recorded 2012)

Aint She Sweet (recorded 2014)

Tonight is the second anniversary of our song circle moving to Zoom, due to COVID and social distancing. I just wrote this song.

Top Bottom