The Sound of Silence - Leeward Coast Ukulele Band

Peter Frary

Reaction score
Students in the MUS 122Z, 'Ukulele 2, class at Leeward Community College playing my arrangement of "The Sound of Silence." Although it's my wife's class, I'm off in the corner conducting. Because of the Corona thing, all University of Hawaii System classes are supposed to be online. So yesterday was probably the last time we'll play together, but they did me proud!

The thumbnail is the view from the door outside our classroom (backwaters of Pearl Harbor).

Wow, they really DID do you proud, Peter! That was a big group of players, and they stayed together well. Great arrangement too. I really like how it grew in complexity as the song progressed. Kudos to all for a job well done!

Jan

Excellent! Lets hope this bloody virus doesn't get in the way of groups getting together to make such great music for too long.
Keep safe everyone. x

Thanks guys for listening and the kind words! As of 3/15, we got about 700 views between YouTube and FB, about 200 over the capacity of the theatre we planned to use for the cancelled show. So the students got their audience, albeit of the cyber genre.

The UH System has tentatively set April 13 as a return to normal teaching so long as the Corona thing fades. Meanwhile we have to convert all class sessions to online delivery for 3 weeks. Struggling to figure how to conduct and play music ensembles online...

Top Bottom