This is completely idiotic but...

Voran

Reaction score
I have a Waterman on the way for outdoor playing in rough weather...and I can't shake the feeling that I'm 'cheating' on the uke I already have.

This is ridiculous, I know.

It might seem ridiculous but - yes - I fully understand. I felt like that when I bought my second ukulele. Don't worry. After the third one, the feeling diminishes. Now that there are more than two dozen ukes in my harem, I don't even feel a twinge of conscience!:D

Aha, so I'm not the only one.

Yes, I want a sopranissimo and a ukubass too. And a spare uke for regular tuning - I play on a rare tuning, D4-Bb3-C4-F4, but I'd like to learn standard uke music as well, there are folk songs I wanna learn.

And yet I still feel an odd guilt about 'cheating' on the one I have. This is moronic, because playing it in peeing rain and wrecking it would hardly be better...

I have a Waterman on the way for outdoor playing in rough weather...and I can't shake the feeling that I'm 'cheating' on the uke I already have.

This is ridiculous, I know.
Hmm..you need to be fair and them both equally ;-) it can only result to good stuff

Hmm..you need to be fair and them both equally ;-) it can only result to good stuff
I'll post some good footage of me playing 'Alexandra' somewhere scenic...I have decided my new neon green Waterman uke shall be named Alexandra

Different ukes for different ........oh well you get it. Think how "ridiculous" you would feel if you took your good uke out and it got damaged or warped. Your not cheating at all, you don't use a thoroughbred for a plow horse. And you don't us a Percheron for racing. You are not snubbing the thoroughbred, just keeping it for its intended purpose.

Top Bottom