This song gives me an adrenaline rush, and makes me want a banjo

I sold my Goldtone Cripple Creek earlier this year. But wound up buying another Banjo. This time a light weight composite tenor.

Get yourself a banjo if you want one. You have mentioned banjos before. Feed the need. Sent you a message with a little info.

Banjo's are great sounding instruments - I understand the want.

Nice video you posted.

I definitely want to learn this song someday. Might take me a few years to practise it, holy crap I cannot imagine ever being able to play that solo. So exhilarating though. I get so childishly overexcited hearing this song. I imagine being on the back of a galloping horse, powering across the plains at Mach 2.

"Mean" Mary James puts her own unique spin on bluegrass banjo. She has gained a YouTube following over the last few years. I see she has a new more expensive Deering banjo, but she produced some great music on an entry level Deering Goodtime openback for a long time.

Here's Mary's TV debut at six years old.

This video was my introduction to Mary's playing via banjohangout.org

Last edited:
I love "Mean Mary"! Fun fact: she and her mother produce those videos by themselves...

We've seen Mary in concert, twice. She is an enigma, definitely has her own style. We have all of her CDs.

"Mean" Mary James puts her own unique spin on bluegrass banjo. She has gained a YouTube following over the last few years. I see she has a new more expensive Deering banjo, but she produced some great music on an entry level Deering Goodtime openback for a long time.

Here's Mary's TV debut at six years old.

This video was my introduction to Mary's playing via banjohangout.org

Holy cow! Especially at age 6 with a year playing. She's awesome

Top Bottom