Tinguitar Electric Ukulele / Piccolo Bass

Steve_S

Reaction score
This is my latest acquisition which arrived today. It was made by UK Luthier Rob Collins (Tinguitar). It is a tenor ukulele body sized electric instrument tuned as EADG. As it is tuned one octave above the normal bass register you could call it a piccolo bass. About my only input to Rob other than the general idea was to suggest a London Plane top which I thought might look cool. Rob applied a lacquer finish and it came out as good as I could have hoped for. Picture doesn't do it justice in this light. Instrument to the top right is the tenor Ukulele Rob made for me earlier.

Has a Wilkinson bass bridge with a rails humbucker, volume and tone controls. Tuners are Gotoh. Body is Khaya with London plane top. Neck is maple and fretboard is Granadilla. There are more pictures on Rob's Facebook page.

IMG_2977 2.jpg

That looks great. It also looks like it'd be a lot of fun to play.
Awesome hare too! :D

Cheers both. Here is a link Rob the builder posted on his Facebook page of him noodling with it and having fun....

Tinguitar Bass

He is a lot better than me! The Hare in the picture above is by my other half's daughter. She is a brilliant felt artist!

Reactions: jer
Top Bottom