Tips to gather Fellow players

peaceplayer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm from India and i want to play with fellow ukulele players, but i am unable to find anyone to jam with or share Uke moments. When i try to search for ukulele related post in my region I could find none so I started a blog recently with the sheer purpose of meeting ukulele players. and hopefully it would attract some players from my region. Any ideas as to how i can connect more with players from my region, "first blog of my line and not much into blogging as well"

Try just jamming with any groups you can find. I sat in with a group of guitar players and a couple of them had ukes in their closets for years neglected. They brought them out with their guitars a few times and we all had a good time. I finally had a group of three uke players for about a year before they had to move because of their work. Good luck.

In my area here in the US, I found several acoustic music groups that I play with through Meetup.com. It appears that meetup.com operates in India as well, so you may be able to locate (or start) an acoustic music or ukulele interest group near you.

I ditto the idea of just looking for any other musicians to jam with. My favorite jams are actually mixed instrument jams. Ukulele jams are fun too, but they are often geared toward beginner level, whereas, guitar jams or mixed jams with mandos , fiddles, percussion (I recently played w/ a harp player) have more intermediate-adv player. Maybe a little more intimidating but I find them all welcoming.

Welcome to the forum, peaceplayer.

I second the advice of finding other musicians to jam with, not just ukulele players. I imagine ukulele players are hard to find because it is not part of the musical tradition in your country. How about teaching others to play and you could eventually jam with your students. Get out of the house, play in parks, coffee shops (or maybe tea shops in your country), to attract attention. Teach guitar players how to play. That's how I got hooked.

I agree with this. Why not offer a free beginning course? Even if you don't think you know much, you know more than a true beginner and you'd have people to learn with.

Welcome to the forum, peaceplayer.

I second the advice of finding other musicians to jam with, not just ukulele players. I imagine ukulele players are hard to find because it is not part of the musical tradition in your country. How about teaching others to play and you could eventually jam with your students. Get out of the house, play in parks, coffee shops (or maybe tea shops in your country), to attract attention. Teach guitar players how to play. That's how I got hooked.

Top Bottom