TROUBLE DOWNLOADING A PHOTO:

JJFN

Reaction score
I am on the Marketplace Forum attempting to place an ad for a sale. I select attach files, go to my photos, select a photo, select download and then the "file is too large" icon appears. What am I doing wrong.

I've been able to upload photos up to about 1.2 MB-- With higher resolution photos I get the same message. Still way better than the old format which "dumbed down" all photos to a tiny size--
Also, in addition to the "Attach files" button, there is an "Insert image" icon on the toolbar above the text--
Maybe someone can explain the difference--

Last edited:
I've been able to upload photos up to about 1.2 MB-- With higher resolution photos I get the same message. Still way better than the old format which "dumbed down" all photos to a tiny size-- Also, in addition to the "Attach files" button, there is an "Insert image" icon on the toolbar above the text--
Maybe someone can explain the difference--
It looks like insert Image is if you have a web address/URL where the photo is stored.

Thank You. I have downloaded the Image Size App to my phone. Tapped on the App, selected the photo hit choose and this supposedly reduces the size of the image. Except it didn't.

BTW JJFN, typing in all uppercase online means you're angry and yelling, unless that was your feeling in the title of the thread.

No, the capital letters were for the title of the entry. Nothing else. Also I tried the insert image icon and again the photo was too large to insert.

Last edited:
If you host your photo on a website or photo sharing site, you can embed the image in a thread. For example, [ img ] address [ /img ] (no spaces of course):

Kalei_Gamiao_1274sign.jpg

I think you can even embed photos from FB using the same method. I'll try one [edit: yep, that worked!]:

240866417_10226024378093672_1311579650497273076_n.jpg

If you use the Insert Image icon, you have the choice of using a URL or adding from your computer, which also allows you to show it as a thumbnail or full size, so no need to have your images hosted anymore.

1630636015808.png 1630636036205.png 1630636113719.png 1630636142117.png

Attachments

• Kala cedar mine.jpg
    Kala cedar mine.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2
Thank You, kohanmike and gochugogi for your advice. I went to the local library and their IT person helped me out. He opened an account on Imgur and the solved the problem.

Top Bottom