Turkey

Cooked a 14 pound turkey, got dressing and cranberry sauce, made a pumpkin cream cheese pie, invited, my twin, his wife, my younger brother and girlfriend, my three nephews, two with wives, none could make it. I might have to turn back my scale 20 pounds.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

For those who are intimidated by cooking or did not get the shopping done, here is a quick and easy Thanksgiving dinner--

Take a large glass and fill with ice, add a few ounces of Wild Turkey Bourbon and top with cranberry juice

;-)

OK, so what do turkeys and brass tacks have in common?

ANSWER: When you "talk turkey," you're getting down to "brass tacks."

Just a little thought twister for the English as a second language members here.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

Have an even happier day today everyone.

My wife and I celebrate the day just the two of us. Our remaining families are scattered in other distant states and across the globe.

We have a grocery store that has "heat and serve" Thanksgiving turkey dinners with most of the side dishes. Makes life much easier. And the dinners are very good. A big plus is the mashed potatoes aren't lumpy. But the gravy doesn't have giblets. Now I have to persuade my wife that adding chestnuts to the stuffing is a good thing.

Enjoy the day!

Have an even happier day today everyone.

My wife and I celebrate the day just the two of us. Our remaining families are scattered in other distant states and across the globe.

We have a grocery store that has "heat and serve" Thanksgiving turkey dinners with most of the side dishes. Makes life much easier. And the dinners are very good. A big plus is the mashed potatoes aren't lumpy. But the gravy doesn't have giblets. Now I have to persuade my wife that adding chestnuts to the stuffing is a good thing.

Enjoy the day!
It was the two of us as well. My husband wanted to do the cooking (he is normally the cook in the household), and it was a little too much for him this year with his health issues, so I finished the prep. Your "heat and serve" sounds like a good idea.

Most of the grandkids were with their other parents. Some of our kids were working. So, we will celebrate with them on other days when they are home. We eat turkey and ham a lot between Thanksgiving and New Years :)

Top Bottom