Turn table

Timbuck

As I am getting older and more decrepit I keep coming up with ideas to make life more easy.. due to arthritis in the knees I do most jobs sitting down so I came up with this rotating table so that I can work easily on this jig without having to stand up to reach the far side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK-oLp8A4AU

Last edited:

Jerryc41

Good idea. That sound is good, too. You could post just the sound and ask what kind of animal it is. :D

AstroEd42

Great idea! That’s the Toolmaker in you. After spending years figuring how to do a job faster and easier, it’s only natural that it bolls over into Uke making. I like making thing to make the job easier for, “the next time”.
Regards
Ed

hoji

Nice! I have a similar setup for my assembly workboard - held in a rotating vise by a chunk of wood screwed to the bottom. Makes life easier.

The best use I have for my turntables is putting my go-bar decks on them. That is a really great use. I have a couple and they are easy to make with with cheap 12" lazy Susan bearings. Now that you brought it up Ken, I expect to see these in the next SM computer ad blitz!

Timbuck

The best use I have for my turntables is putting my go-bar decks on them. That is a really great use. I have a couple and they are easy to make with with cheap 12" lazy Susan bearings. Now that you brought it up Ken, I expect to see these in the next SM computer ad blitz!
Hey Bob believe it or not I had never heard of a

Timbuck

Hey Bob believe it or not I had never heard of a Lazy Suzan bearing on our little islands I made mine with a Teflon washer on the centre pin

Timbuck

Hey Bob believe it or not I had never heard of a Lazy Suzan bearing on our little islands I made mine with a Teflon washer on the centre pin .. so I looked them up and found this video

Last edited:

Timbuck

Hey Bob believe it or not I had never heard of a Lazy Suzan bearing on our little islands I made mine with a Teflon washer on the centre pin .. so I looked them up and found this video I think they are great so I will get one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq6O4CW7Edw

Ken,
Every hardware store in the U.S. sells several sizes of these stamped metal lazy Susans.The cheaper the better. No high class bearing needed.I put them between 2 equal sized pieces of ply and that makes a nice stable base.

Attachments

• DSC_0236.jpg
    DSC_0236.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0234.jpg
    DSC_0234.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0235.jpg
    DSC_0235.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 32