UAS is irrational

Arik

“Where words fail, music speaks.”
UU VIP
Not sure if anyone has had irrational thoughts due to UAS.

I have an extra case and my mind is thinking maybe I should get another uke to put in the case...

rhiggie

Doesn't sound irrational to me. That case was built to protect a ukulele, it will be sad until it fulfils it's destiny! I have a different issue, I buy nice cases because I know I will eventually be getting other nice ukes that don't come in a nice case. I've even bought ukes in cases because I wanted the case, then sold the uke in a lesser case. Yeah, I have UAS pretty bad. But... a nice uke deserves a nice case to live in!

ukudancer

Are you kidding me? I want to get a couple more custom ukes. Another keyboard...Maybe an electric kalimba from Blackbird. A keytar and maybe another short scale bass. It's absolutely bonkers.

That's not even counting all the pedals I want (A BOSS RC-500 and a few others).

KohanMike

Los Angeles
UU VIP
I'm waiting for two solid body bass ukes from China and just ordered a custom bass uke from Vietnam.
Bass Uke cherry burl 2.jpgBass uke skunk 2.jpg
BWA Gypsy Jazz walnut bass uke 600.jpg

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Of course UAS is irrational! And yes, I can clearly understand how an empty case might be howling in your mind, demanding to be filled. That's exactly how UAS works. I'm presently chomping at the UAS bit because I found out that Snail makes a Tenor that matches a Concert I already have. The word "set" keeps forcing it's way into my thoughts. UAS reaches out to snag any little reason or suggestion that would lead to a new acquisition. Then it keeps niggling away, whispering or clamoring, but always insisting that this Ukulele is "the one" that will make everything just right. It's truly insidious!

Voran

Of course UAS is irrational! And yes, I can clearly understand how an empty case might be howling in your mind, demanding to be filled. That's exactly how UAS works. I'm presently chomping at the UAS bit because I found out that Snail makes a Tenor that matches a Concert I already have. The word "set" keeps forcing it's way into my thoughts. UAS reaches out to snag any little reason or suggestion that would lead to a new acquisition. Then it keeps niggling away, whispering or clamoring, but always insisting that this Ukulele is "the one" that will make everything just right. It's truly insidious!
Oops. That one was my fault haha

EDW

It is hard because for some, this site is like a gambling addict going to Las Vegas!

(you could always just sell that case!) ;)

Voran

It is hard because for some, this site is like a gambling addict going to Las Vegas!

(you could always just sell that case!) ;)
Yeah I didn't have UAS until I found out sopranissimos, ukubasses and other variants exist, then of course I started wanting to play all the different sizes and octaves...

EDW

Yes. You see a lot of that- folks who need every possible size, shape, wood combination, etc. Then add in all the string choices and you have enough to keep you going for years!

Voran

Yes. You see a lot of that- folks who need every possible size, shape, wood combination, etc. Then add in all the string choices and you have enough to keep you going for years!
Samesies. My dream list is the Hadean ukubass, the Snail S60t Tenor and for sopranissimo I really just want the little 40 euro one I saw on Amazon - I like its harsh insectile timbre.

rainbow21

My UAS has been cured with the acquisition of a wonderful KoAloha 25th Anny model. I love it.

The uke that arrives today has nothing to do with UAS and was a completely rational decision.

Teddy

My UAS has been cured with the acquisition of a wonderful KoAloha 25th Anny model. I love it.

The uke that arrives today has nothing to do with UAS and was a completely rational decision.

What's on the way?

Voran

I have a Waterman on the way myself. Reason: I enjoy playing outdoors on hikes, and would like to have a rainproof one.

Teddy

I have a Waterman on the way myself. Reason: I enjoy playing outdoors on hikes, and would like to have a rainproof one.

FYI tuners not rain proof and can rust over time, just something to keep an eye on.

Teddy

Oops. Anything I can do about that? Some sort of protective substance?

Not that I'm aware of and frankly not sure how quickly it would even happen. Plastic sandwich bag over the headstock would do.

Teddy

Another option just make sure to dry them off when you're done with a cloth or rag!