UAS is irrational

My UAS has been cured with the acquisition of a wonderful KoAloha 25th Anny model. I love it.

The uke that arrives today has nothing to do with UAS and was a completely rational decision.

This also is my reality. What's great after finally discovering "the one(s)" is that all the pressure is off; each additional member of the collection is something that enhances my overall enjoyment of playing music.

Thanks! This is Tobey! He's an English setter we rescued a few years ago. Very sweet dog, I've had English setters my whole life. Super temperamental and amazing with the kids.

What a sweet pup! I love the side eye in the first picture, haha. Thanks for sharing!

Voran, I use a plastic Uke in the bathtub, have for years. It has open geared tuners. I just put a light coating of plumbers silicone grease on them. They've stayed just fine. The grease is impervious to water, but will rub off. So, I reapply it once a year or so.
Thanks for the tip, I'll do that.

Thanks! This is Tobey! He's an English setter we rescued a few years ago. Very sweet dog, I've had English setters my whole life. Super temperamental and amazing with the kids.

Awww he's a good boi

Voran, I use a plastic Uke in the bathtub, have for years. It has open geared tuners. I just put a light coating of plumbers silicone grease on them. They've stayed just fine. The grease is impervious to water, but will rub off. So, I reapply it once a year or so.
So that's your skincare secret!!

Not sure if anyone has had irrational thoughts due to UAS.

I have an extra case and my mind is thinking maybe I should get another uke to put in the case...

Nothing wrong with putting a good to good use. Time to buy !

It is hard because for some, this site is like a gambling addict going to Las Vegas!

(you could always just sell that case!) ;)
Yes being on the forum is like feeding my addiction. I could sell the case but that would make too much sense😉

Not that I'm aware of and frankly not sure how quickly it would even happen. Plastic sandwich bag over the headstock would do.
I've read some pretty messed up ukulele psycho nonsense on this board, but sandwich bag over the headstock is a masterpiece.

I think that some people just like to possess things. Being surrounded by their possessions makes them feel secure. Other people have the urge to be unencumbered and feel trapped by posessions. Nothing strange about either, not everyone is the same.

Last edited:
Update. After some thought, working some extra shifts, and not wanting my case to sit there without a uke, I decided on picking up a new Rebel Mango Tenor. Been eyeballing this uke and this brand for a while. Rebel has been releasing some really awesome-looking mango. Fortunately or unfortunately UAS is too powerful...
rebel_db_creme_21101-4_1.jpeg

Of course UAS is irrational! And yes, I can clearly understand how an empty case might be howling in your mind, demanding to be filled. That's exactly how UAS works. I'm presently chomping at the UAS bit because I found out that Snail makes a Tenor that matches a Concert I already have. The word "set" keeps forcing it's way into my thoughts. UAS reaches out to snag any little reason or suggestion that would lead to a new acquisition. Then it keeps niggling away, whispering or clamoring, but always insisting that this Ukulele is "the one" that will make everything just right. It's truly insidious!
It's a universal law that equals attract each other.(or in some cases it's a matter of not having deleted the search robots the first time they get a hit hahaha)

I have
3 sizes of Mahimahi willow ukuleles
2 sizes of GESOs(I asked but he didn't have a soprano)
2 pocket/pochette mandolines
3 Cordoba Minis
but strangely, on the guitar side I have almost just one of each type.

Last edited:
I think that some people just like to possess things. Being surrounded by their possessions makes them feel secure. Other people have the urge to be unencumbered and feel trapped by posessions. Nothing strange about either, not everyone is the same.
Secure? No happy, just to look at fine materials and handicraft. It's called Quality of Life ;)

Not sure if anyone has had irrational thoughts due to UAS.

I have an extra case and my mind is thinking maybe I should get another uke to put in the case...
That is not irrational! You are being considerate towards efficient usage of space.. just imagine all that empty space.. what a waste

It may be irrational, but it is also exuberant !

Update. After some thought, working some extra shifts, and not wanting my case to sit there without a uke, I decided on picking up a new Rebel Mango Tenor. Been eyeballing this uke and this brand for a while. Rebel has been releasing some really awesome-looking mango. Fortunately or unfortunately UAS is too powerful...
View attachment 137175
Rebels are fantastic Ukes. I bought a gorgeous mango sop from CPG off the marketplace and that was my intro to the brand and mango as a tone wood. Loaned/gifted to my sister who couldn’t let it go. I missed it so much I grabbed one of their mango prototype sops from Mim and it’s one of my favorite daily players. You get a lot of quality for the price from these guys… UAS is irrational, but it sure is fun!

Top Bottom