Uke’s for low humidity

kkimura

I had a Martin OXK soprano for a travel ukulele when my job used to take me all over Northern New England during the Winter. It was perfect for dry conditions once I made two modifications. Constant dry Winter and Motel conditions contributed to some fret sprout. Once the sharp frets were filed down it was fine. The only other issue was that the head stock would shrink and swell going from Summer to Winter causing the friction tuners to alternately tighten and loosen. Switching to Gotoh LPTLs fixed that one.

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
I asked the Webbs about humidity and the solid tops a few years ago. Phyllis said that the only concern is if you had the Uke close to a forced-air heating register, which pumps out extremely dry air. Otherwise, she said, they’re fine to leave out (although perhaps not outdoors).
That is the reason why I got a custom solid top redwood tenor… redwood tops are supposed to be more prone to damage... hoping the fluke design will keep it from damage.

hendulele

Check your fleas
UU VIP
That is the reason why I got a custom solid top redwood tenor… redwood tops are supposed to be more prone to damage... hoping the fluke design will keep it from damage.
Wise choice!