Uke Scales - Diagrams

Mivo

I wanted to give this a nudge, because I only now discovered it, and it's useful. :)

MopMan

Concerned Citizen
UU VIP
It seems the diagrams are lost...

It seems the scale diagrams that were once posted in this thread have been lost. Is anyone able and willing to host them somewhere and link them again?

Somathis

It seems the scale diagrams that were once posted in this thread have been lost. Is anyone able and willing to host them somewhere and link them again?

I too would appreciate this.. Thanks

mangorockfish

I am a rank novice, but would someone correct me if I'm wrong? Look at the D Maj. scale second string. It shows 024 and o the fretboard diagram 4 is G# and there is no G# in the D Maj. scale. Shouldn't it be 023 with 3 being the G which is in the scale.

Voran

Thanks for sharing, might learn these, I know 0 about music theory.

fromthee2me

Very Nice Diagrams . Thank You. Initially (approx. 2 years ago) it was confusing for me. The diagram shows where all the notes are for the major scale (32 positions on uke fretboard). So there are many ways to solo on the scale notes, and your fretting hand can go up the neck or down the neck or across the neck, for a solo related to that particular scale. Somewhere you are going to run out of frets . But there are diagrams as well that show these scale related runs across the neck, which you can adapt to other major scale notes as it involves 8 notes. This you do by moving your starting note on your G string or D String if you use a Baritone uke.

mangorockfish

I am a rank novice, but would someone correct me if I'm wrong? Look at the D Maj. scale second string. It shows 024 and o the fretboard diagram 4 is G# and there is no G# in the D Maj. scale. Shouldn't it be 023 with 3 being the G which is in the scale.
I found that also. I thought that I was missing something.

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Thanks for the good work! Please post and tell us how you think we should use them. I'm sure after putting them together, you have some ideas about how to go about it.