Ukes seem to bring good birthdays.

ukebeatsguitar

Reaction score
So, my birthday was Friday, and I got the greatest birthday presents ever.

On Wednesday, my parents surprised me by picking me up strait from school and taking me to the luthier to get my banjo uke and my Islander fixed. Then we went to a small guitar shop, where I met the guy who sold Tiny Tim his last ukulele when he lived in Des Moines. I also met a sales man from Kala. Sadly, he didn't have a pocket uke or a U-bass, but he did have a cool electric archback Bocote tenor. I loved it! He also let me use one of those amps they have. Not only did I get to try out stuff, but I got the lowdown on upcoming gear. Kala is making a CHEAPER U-bass, a dobro type resonator uke, and a solid body electric.

If that's not enough, yesterday, my dad showed me the tickets. I'm seeing Jake Shimabukuro in Stoughton, Wisconsin in November. We have right side balcony front row seats. AND I get two days out of school! My dad also ordered a t-shirt that says "Peace, Love, and Ukulele Jake Shimabukuro" in the shape of a ukulele.

I don't think anything can top that. :)

Would your parents consider adopting a 57 year old son, at least until my birthday?

That is so cool, your parents sound great. I guess they are stoked to have a kid who is so into something. Well done and a belated happy birthday.

Aloha Ukebeatsguitar,
Well Happy Birthday.....as the birthdays go by, you'll soon realize that if you're a uker....it's a very good thing...
Thanks for sharing, and have Fun ukeing!!!! and "Keep strumming them strings" MM Stan...
BTW...you have very cool parents...

wow ukebeatsguitar, that is the coolest of cool birthdays!!!! :drool:Thanks for sharing.

mmm...I'll be interested to see what the kala dobro style resonator uke is like.

Happy birthday, and remember to puff that chest of yours out just that little bit further whenever you wear that t-shirt:)

Would your parents consider adopting a 57 year old son, at least until my birthday?

YES......same here!!!!!!

Congrats on the ukes, tickets and having awesome parents!!!!

SEE it does pay to be a good/great kid!! Your parents recognize that and treat you accordingly. A wonderful birthday and I am SOOOOOO envious of your concert tickets. Let us know how it all turned out. Happy Birthday!!!!! Lozark

It may sound great, but this birthday will probably be for the next three or four years, and the Bocote sounded, great! I really wish I could afford one now. :)

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was great. I am excited that I going to see Jake in October.

Top Bottom