ukulele festival

Dino

Reaction score
Stop by and say HI. I have a tent opposite center stage , middle area, second row of tents.

The Festival was great!

Fantastic line-up of talent. Even Roy Sakuma, the organizer, said he thought this was one of the best.

Both James Hill and Jake Shimabukuro were there along with Ohta San and Herb Ohta Jr.

The attendance was overwhelming, even to the point that at one time they announced having sold out of t-shirts!
Just about every performance group from Japan and Hawaii had Festival t-shirts on!

The food was great along with Jamba Juice smoothies.

And the ukulele vendor booths were always humming. MGM was in full stride and Ko'olau, Kanile'a, Kamaka, Koaloha, Kala, Uke Guild of Hawaii,
Ukulele PuaPua, and several other booths were up.

We were able to get together with Aldrine at the Kanile'a booth. He was giving out I (heart) UU magnets and UU stickers.

We had an informal jam at Dino's tent with his family and Howie1947 (Mike and Krispin) from San Diego.

"Howie" and Krispin and I followed things up with a free ukulele lesson (beginners) at the Pacific Beach Hotel with
Bruce Shimabukuro, Jake's younger brother.

Then I did a bit of busking on the sidewalk for about 3 hours.

Wonderful time. If you can make it next year, I belive it will be on Sunday, July 17th, 2011, 9-2:30p

Hope to see you there.

Keep uke'in',

Last edited:
We certainly had a great time at the Uke Fest. It was good to meet you Dino. Uncle Rod, as always, it is always a pleasure to share some time with you, what a great voice you have too !........Howie

Top Bottom