Ukulele IPA

I actually prefer IPA's with super high IBU's. Bells is meh to me. But I also like Stilton cheese and Laphroaig whisky. I just like flavors that make me take notice. I wouldn't bother with the Ukulele IPA because it looks like a New England style, plus it is a DIPA which almost taste like Barley wine unless they are mitigaged by NO2 of a tap. Hazy IPA's are one of those things that taste nasty for the first pint but taste better with each successive pint.
yes on high IBUs and hazys

^this is true (although I don't nec agree with Bells and that Deschutes sounds like a fruity citrusy beer, no thank you). the thing is, once the equipment is paid for, beer is sooo cheap to brew... so the joke is on us.
Ya know. I don't genreally like overly citrusy ones either, but somehow the Deschutes works for me.

Last edited:
I actually prefer IPA's with super high IBU's. Bells is meh to me. But I also like Stilton cheese and Laphroaig whisky. I just like flavors that make me take notice. I wouldn't bother with the Ukulele IPA because it looks like a New England style, plus it is a DIPA which almost taste like Barley wine unless they are mitigaged by NO2 of a tap. Hazy IPA's are one of those things that taste nasty for the first pint but taste better with each successive pint.
There are some high BTU ones I like too. I’ve never quite been able to tell what exactly makes a good vs a bad to me. All I know is that there is good bitter and bad bitter. It’s funny in college when I was a smoker I went through a period where I liked stronger IPAs and strong cheeses and such and then after I quit smoking I went back to not liking things that were as strongly flavored. I do still very much enjoy Laphroaig though when I’m in the mood.

The part of my rant that wasn’t joking was just the extent to which brewers have kind of gone off the rails with IPAs. I’ve literally bought variety packs from a brewers before we’re all the beers are a different IPA from the same brewer and I’m just over it to some extent.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, high IBUs are not a bad thing, but I think it depends on the hops used and how they're used. I've had some high IBU brews that were totally meh. There's a boxed set we can get easily locally, from a local brewery (the Swash Box) that has four really good brews: an ESB, two IPAs, and a NEIPA which is fortunately hardly fruity and mostly hoppy (I don't love fruity, generally). My favourite time of year is winter, because that's when all the local breweries make my favourite kinds of beer: dark, rich and delicious. I like malty, too, but it's got to be rich.

The part of my rant that wasn’t joking was just the extent to which brewers have kind of gone off the rails with IPAs. I’ve literally bought variety packs from a brewers before we’re all the beers are a different IPA from the same brewer and I’m just over it to some extent.
So much yes to this. As if there are no other brew types available.

Hazy IPA's are one of those things that taste nasty for the first pint but taste better with each successive pint.
Hahaha. So true! I will comment on this ukulele IPA tomorrow. Long day in the hospital. I can buy this beer where I live. Sounds like a good YT video to do soon as I can escape hospital grounds!!! haha

Lagabiere is a brewer that has a brew-pub, and ships its craft beer to 2000 outlets mostly in Quebec and a few distributors across USA. Located in St Jean sur Richelieu, 25 miles south of Montreal near the US Vermont border in cottage and chalet country.

https://lagabiere.com/en/points-of-sale/ Map of outlets and USA distributors.

https://lagabiere.com/en/ Main website with other beer can art

The artist is Andy Belanger of Montreal who works as an illustrator for mainstream comics and other media. He is also a part time professional wrestler for the International Wrestling Syndicate as "Animal BobAnger". I wonder if this big dude plays ukulele?

Last edited:
Shandy = Beer + juice or soda pop.

Originally and generally mixed fresh, but now sold in liquor stores pre-mixed in the 'coolers' or 'hard pop' section.

Last edited:
I don't drink. Never did even as a teenage metalhead. I have enough stupid recklessness in me while stone cold sober. Drunk Voran is not a thing anyone needs to experience.

I would love a ukulele themed energy drink though.

how about a range of magical ukulele water?
Dribbled over virgin tonewood (after coming out of some tap somewhere, obvs.)
High G soprano with a bit of fizz and Tenor Low G can be.... flatter.
I'm feeling thirsty just thinking about it. Tonal purity.

Top Bottom