'Ukulele Mike' Lynch Tribute Videos

That was great, Lenny - I was tapping right along with the beat. I think I’ll try it myself!

Thanks Kathryn.

It's a song I have always loved, as with many PP&M songs. I hope Peter and Paul enjoyed it. :drool:

Excellent Rappsy, I really enjoyed your performance. Good picking and strumming and above all very musical. Kudos also to your teacher.......he is doing a great job!
Mike

Thanks for the kind words. I thought it might be a little different starting with finger picking, and ending with strumming, including that jazz type ending. I want to explore that more.

Matt Stead is a wonderful player and teacher and he is here on UU direct from England. (Mattyukaholic) He has really helped me.

Finlandia

This is a piece I have been wanting to learn for a long time, and I was very glad to find Ukulele Mike's arrangement of the piece.

Here's my slightly-clumsy take of Ukulele Mike's version of "Whispering", played on my new aNueNue UT200 Moon Bird Tenor.

Last edited:
Here's my slightly-clumsy take of Ukulele Mike's version of "Whispering", played on my new aNueNue UT200 Moon Bird Tenor.

It put a smile on my face whenever I see activity on this thread
Thank you Larry for participating. I see you paid attention to Mr Lynch lessons. Thumb all thumb !
Congratulations on the nice uke !
Hope to see more soon.

This is a piece I have been wanting to learn for a long time, and I was very glad to find Ukulele Mike's arrangement of the piece.

I almost missed your video because I have not been on UU much lately!
I am glad I caught it tonight. It is a beautiful tune Thank you for taking part in the tribute thread.
Is that angry bird I see on the shirt ?

I almost missed your video because I have not been on UU much lately!
I am glad I caught it tonight. It is a beautiful tune Thank you for taking part in the tribute thread.
Is that angry bird I see on the shirt ?

Thank you. It's not an angry bird, well, it kind of is. It's for the Louisville Cardinals. It might be angry because U of L football just got smacked down pretty hard by Alabama.

Here's another of Ukulele Mike's arrangements, which I just discovered. In a YouTube video, Ukulele Mike says this was one of his favorite Beatles tunes. "Here, There, and Everywhere." Thanks, UU.

Last edited:
Nicely played as always and what a beautiful sounding uke. You have quite an impressive collections!
So happy to see you keeping this thread going !
Love the slide!

Here's another of Ukulele Mike's arrangements, which I just discovered. In a YouTube video, Ukulele Mike says this was one of his favorite Beatles tunes. "Here, There, and Everywhere." Thanks, UU.

Very lovely! Great arrangement I have to say, and well played. I am a Beatles fan so that always helps. Beautiful sounding ukulele!
Mike

Very lovely! Great arrangement I have to say, and well played. I am a Beatles fan so that always helps. Beautiful sounding ukulele!
Mike

Thanks very much! I plan to keep working on the playing. I might get it clean after a few years (instead of a few days) of practice. Here's Ukulele Mike playing his arrangement. What he's playing differs slightly from the arrangement he published. He was quite the player!

Hey Kevin, it is so nice to see new post here. You did a great job on a nice song. Thanks.

It has been a while since the last video posted by Kevin. I think a new video is overdue.

Blowing in the Wind, based on Ukulele Mike's arrangement, played on a Bruce Wei Hummingbird Concert, Aquila Sugar strings.

Nicely played. This is the first time I hear a Bruce Wei voice!
You have developed your own style ! Bravo!
I like that strap and the extension leather piece. :eek:
Lovely performance!

Top Bottom