Show us your ukes!

I recently got a Stick, sounds really sweet through the THR5A with a touch of chorus and reverberation.

zughme.jpg

With the rest of 'em

2afxw8w.jpg

Thanks! I'm really enjoying the look of it as well. As for the sound... possibly? The neck snapped quite close to the head, I'm not sure how much sound producing vibration is happening up there. The painting likely changed the sound much more than the broken neck.

I would like to suggest removing the word p*** from this thread. I totally understand that it's just being a joke, but I am a teacher and will be sending students to this site. The word p*** has a lot of bad connotations. Anyone who doubts that should just look it up on google and see what you find. I just would like to keep this a kid friendly site. p*** is a terrible thing that is destroying many lives and marriages, as well as the ones who produce it. I think it unwise to make jest of it. Thanks!

I would like to suggest removing the word p*** from this thread. I totally understand that it's just being a joke, but I am a teacher and will be sending students to this site. The word p*** has a lot of bad connotations. Anyone who doubts that should just look it up on google and see what you find. I just would like to keep this a kid friendly site. p*** is a terrible thing that is destroying many lives and marriages, as well as the ones who produce it. I think it unwise to make jest of it. Thanks!

I agree! Another thread title might be better

Last edited:
My current ukes :

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

And my latest, next to it's big brother (early 1930's National Polychrome Triolians)
IMG_1708.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg

Two new Ukes!

Made another trip to Oahu and added to the uke 'ohana: Kanilea baritone and a Pono soprano:

IMG_0455.jpgIMG_0453.jpgIMG_0452.jpg

Harmony uke 2 -.JPG

My newest acquisition. Harmony soprano (made in China, not Chicago--oh well).

Will post my others soon.

I forgot that I had in my drawer a mini-ukulele that I bought a year ago to a German guy. It was a prototype but I liked it. I have not played she at all because I had no time. She is a little hard to play because the size and tuners position. But I going to try now. Being so quiet is perfect for practice at night and traveling. If I need more power she includes a decent pickup. I'll put pics next to a sopranino 17" to compare.
Have a nice day!
Archivo_000.jpgArchivo_001.jpgArchivo_002.jpgArchivo_003.jpg

I forgot that I had in my drawer a mini-ukulele that I bought a year ago to a German guy. It was a prototype but I liked it. I have not played she at all because I had no time. She is a little hard to play because the size and tuners position. But I going to try now. Being so quiet is perfect for practice at night and traveling. If I need more power she includes a decent pickup. I'll put pics next to a sopranino 17" to compare.
Have a nice day!
View attachment 95450View attachment 95451View attachment 95452View attachment 95453

Wow now that truly is a "pocket uke"!

OK so here's the current lineup. OMG how did this happen so fast? At least I think I've got my UAS under control for now... Note that none of these are super high end ukes - the most expensive one is my SB Fluke. But at least I don't have to be overly concerned with humidity changes here in the rainy PNW.

Left to right, top to bottom:
Outdoor Ukulele soprano
Makala Shark soprano
Medicine Man cigar box soprano
Kala KA-KSLING super soprano
BugsGear concert
Fluke SB electric concert
CrossedUp cigar box w/ piezo concert
Kala KA-KTG slothead tenor

Attachments

• all of them.jpg
    all of them.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I'll show the first uke warts and all, they can only get better, right? I got into trouble back cutting the binding ledge on the lower bout. Now it has an armrest. The peg spacing will all be offset and headstock profile will be asymmetrical to follow. The neck block is pre dovetailed and should have had a stop fitted.DSC00521 (800x450).jpgDSC00528 (800x450).jpgDSC00531 (800x450).jpgDSC00532 (800x450).jpg

furthering that question, has anyone here tried those little smokey amps? I think it'd be fun to have an electric ukulele and then plug it into an amp the size of a pack of cigarettes.

When I get any of my ukes set up for electronics, I'm going to see how well my "Pignose" brand amplifier works. It's a small unit which can be played with batteries, if necessary. The Pignose is primarily used by us blues harpists. I'll also be trying my Fender Mustang 1 Electric Guitar amp and my Kustom brand acoustic amp. It's good to be retired to have the time to play around with different combinations.

Top Bottom