Ukulele Rack? What are the alternatives for displaying ukuleles?

I made mine from an old book case too. After removing the two inner shelves, it holds four ukes (including a baritone) and two mandolins in cases or gigbags. I never got around to refinishing it, so it looks “serviceable“ but works. I don’t use humidifiers. Most of my string instruments are plywood, and none have ever cracked — yet . . .

I'm actually a little surprised that there isn't more that's immediately available to store ukuleles that aren't the usual hooks on a wall. Looking for a solution to efficiently storing the guitars I recently acquired took about 5 minutes online to find suitable options (I like the ones that let me stack the guitars in cases like books on a rack). Yet the same solution just smaller for ukes (padded base for the body-in-case and padded surface of the neck to lean against-in case) may take some creative thinking? I wish someone would make a double decker version so I can stack the ukes I keep in cases... and leave room to acquire some more, ha.

Last edited:
View attachment 140279
These are two of the stands that I've made for a friend. I have one but hard to show ATM. The ukes are always available, but we don't have any humidity issues here.
What a great idea. When I’m working out a song, I like having several ukes near so I can work it out. I always have a guitar and uke next to my chair but this would be “safer”.

I have an IKEA bookcase. I sealed the two side cabinets and installed a rubber seal around the glass doors and sealed the entire cabinets. I have a Cigar Oasis wifi humidifier in each cabinet and an analogue humidifier gauge in one cabinet. I rotate my many ukes just because I love to look at their beauty. The IKEA is the perfect size for the ukes. I made a slanted backplate so the light shines down on the full body. These two are my pride and joy.

20220527_164646.jpg20220527_164658.jpg

I like to hang mine on the wall.

Just an FYI (that's not specifically aimed at you); if you hang ukes on the wall, make sure it is an interior wall because exterior walls get much more temperature variations.

Top Bottom