Ukulele Underground in the Pacific Northwest! (Washington, Oregon, NorCal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old (ex?) mandolin instructor plays brazilian music in Portland at a venue called Secret Society Ballroom located at 116 NE Russel St. That could be a potential spot for a concert and/or meet up in Portland.

I've been there, it's a fun little space that would probably work well for around 20-30ish people. It used to be an old fraternal society meeting hall. Actually saw a ukulele orchestra play there too. :)

Any chance you'll hit the East Coast!?!? I teach at a high school and I'd love to get you guys in to play once we start school again!!!!

What about San Jose? There's a Ukulele Source store in Japan-town that has been coordinating meet ups. The owner is Smiley Kai.

October trip

Come on now you know you gotta roll through Aloha, Oregon.

I hear that Mike DaSilva is closing up his shop, so you might need to find an alternative location for the Bay Area.

I hear that Mike DaSilva is closing up his shop, so you might need to find an alternative location for the Bay Area.
Checked his website, he has classes scheduled through Dec of this year. I'm sure if something came up, Mike would've posted it on the site. But then again . . .

Sorry for the long hiatus everyone! I've contacted a few people and we have a couple that are considering.
We managed to book Uketoberfest in Eugene and we're trying to get artichoke music in Portland and also Dusty strings in Seattle.

Keep your fingers crossed! We'll have answers for you guys by this weekend :D

Would you consider traveling from Vancouver, BC? We have a thriving community ukulele. I 'm sure we could create something if you're interested. If you can come up with, that I could set the wheels in motion and find a space laboratory and the time for you. I've also been able to find a place for you if you want to do. Tell me what you need. Vancouver Ukulele Circle is a membership. I'm sure we could book a special night UU if you wish.

UPDATE!

MORE Pacific NW tour updates!
Portland Oregon! We're still waiting on Artichoke music and I also recently contacted Portland Ukulele Association (via Marianne Brogan). If anyone is tied to these people, please let them know that we're trying to contact them :D Keep your fingers crossed everyone!

Hope to see tacoma on there cause we have a whole bunch of folks counting on you.....

I'm on the north side of Seattle, but really have nothing to suggest in terms of venues other than open mic nights.

Please keep us informed. I'd enjoy hearing you play and hopefully meeting you and the crew.

-Joko

I'm on the north side of Seattle, but really have nothing to suggest in terms of venues other than open mic nights.

Please keep us informed. I'd enjoy hearing you play and hopefully meeting you and the crew.

-Joko

Dusty Strings should work for you if Aldrine can make it happen there(and I don't see why it can't).

im really hoping for a seattle show. hopefully at dusty strings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom