Unwound baritone fluocarbon or nylon ukulele strings

ro_sims

Reaction score
Hi, which are good unwound baritone ukulele string? I want unwound fluorocarbon or nylon strings which are bright. I don't like the soft mellow tone. I want unwound strings because i don't like the squeaking sound and i also want them to minimize wear on the frets. Does anyone has experience with the worth brown strings?
Besides Worth and living waters, are there other brands that sell unwound baritone stings?

Please let me know, thanks

I don't think there are plain nylon strings for low G tenor or Low D baritone. They would have to be incredibly thick. Fluorocarbon should be many options.

I don't think there are plain nylon strings for low G tenor or Low D baritone. They would have to be incredibly thick. Fluorocarbon should be many options.
ok thanks. I'll buy the Worth brown strings

I was going to suggest living water until you said besides them 🤣 whoops. Have you tried them and not liked them?

Just found these but I have no experience with them and the two reviewers seem to have had VERY different experiences:

I use worth browns because of the color. I like dark strings on a dark fret board. Living Water strings are great but I just cannot abide the color, or lack thereof. I did try some Living Waters and they did sound good but I cut them off with some scissors within about 2 days merely for aesthetic reasons.

I use worth browns because of the color. I like dark strings on a dark fret board. Living Water strings are great but I just cannot abide the color, or lack thereof. I did try some Living Waters and they did sound good but I cut them off with some scissors within about 2 days merely for aesthetic reasons.
It’s funny, I just put a set of worth browns on one of my ukes for the first time tonight and I HATE the color 🤣 but I’m gonna keep them on for a bit to see how I feel about the sound.

I've used Worth browns but find them a bit loose.

I've been extremely impressed with Uke Logic baritone strings. I'm currently using the unwound set but I also like the set with a wound D which is squeak-less and reminds me of the Fremont Soloist I've used on tenors.

I'm going to throw in my vote for Worth "clears". Put a set on my Clearwater baritone and they seem loud and bright...

I changed to Worth Browns as I too hate the squeak of wound strings and they have completely transformed my uke. They sound beautiful and clear :)

I was going to suggest living water until you said besides them 🤣 whoops. Have you tried them and not liked them?

Just found these but I have no experience with them and the two reviewers seem to have had VERY different experiences:
I haven't tried them

I'm going to get the worth brown strings. I think the color will also fit my ukulele

I changed to Worth Browns as I too hate the squeak of wound strings and they have completely transformed my uke. They sound beautiful and clear :)
That's what i want too

I haven't tried them
I started experimenting with some WB’s yesterday, I like them but I’m not sure I like them as much as LW’s. Try those sometime too! They’re both great sets, it comes down to personal preference and you won’t know unless you try them.

I am now on my third set of strings on my Pono MB - I love experimenting - purchased last month on the great Pono sale. The stock strings had two wound strings and I really wanted to try unwound strings as I too do not like string squeak. My second set was a set of Worth Browns, which have been my overall favorites on other size ukuleles. However, I had wanted to try re-entrant tuning with a high D. I called and found that Worth did not sell a high D. I need to say straight off that the worth Browns are a delightful set of strings and my ukulele group loved their sound. IMHO, they are a better judge of sound that am I!
Anyway I called again and was advised to put together a set of Savarez fluorocarbon strings and so I went ahead and purchased them, along with these a set of those funny string end thingies. I first installed the high D and the Worth E string sounded muddy in comparison. So I changed them all and went back to my ukulele group. They liked the sound that is I think a tad brighter. My wife liked the sound as more of a ukulele sound with the re-entrant D. So I am a happy baritone playing camper! I used to use Savarez on my classical guitar and use their gypsy jazz strings on my Martin D. So this is my shout out for Savarez.
FWIW - if anyone would like to try the other half of a set of Worth Browns I will happily send them unused the half set for the cost of mailing them. Message me if interested. I also have a set of unused Oasis double length strings.

Top Bottom