UU Marketplace Prices

mr moonlight

Reaction score
Just wondering if we could have prices posted in the titles to make it easier to search through the Uke's without going through every post. That way I can avoid drooling over all the Uke's that are way out of my pricerange in my searches adding to UAS :p

just wondering if we could have prices posted in the titles to make it easier to search through the uke's without going through every post. That way i can avoid drooling over all the uke's that are way out of my pricerange in my searches adding to uas :p

there are guidlines for marketplace but they are often time not followed.

Personally, I think the members like to "Window Shop" . . . We try to get peeps to read the :rulez: (& stickies) prior to posting. They are kindly reminded to edit the post because an element is missing. Sufficient time is given before the thread is
locked.png

Personally, I think the members like to "Window Shop" . . . We try to get peeps to read the :rulez: (& stickies) prior to posting. They are kindly reminded to edit the post because an element is missing. Sufficient time is given before the thread is
locked.png

you guys do a great job, and memebers usually ask if anything is missing as well. I like the rules we have in place. There are sufficient imo.

you guys do a great job, and memebers usually ask if anything is missing as well. I like the rules we have in place. There are sufficient imo.

Yes, I agree. The way the marketplace is run is quite good. Afterall...when you go to a uke shop, we all look at the high priced ukes and "dream" so same applies here!! No need to change.

Seems to me that putting prices on the thread title is a bad idea. It might stop people from looking at the ukulele for sale due to the price. Price alone does not an ukulele make.

Seems to me that putting prices on the thread title is a bad idea. It might stop people from looking at the ukulele for sale due to the price. Price alone does not an ukulele make.

Part of it was that I was looking through quite a few posts. After going through the first couple pages I became a little more selective to the ones that sounded like they were more in my price range rather than click on every one. I just thought that having prices listed or some signifier of the price range would make it so I'd be sure not to miss any that might fit my criteria.

If the general consensus is to have no prices I don't mind, I just thought it may help the people selling. I actually went back and looked through all of them anyways.

Just wondering if we could have prices posted in the titles to make it easier to search through the Uke's without going through every post.
Well, I think when you see Vintage Gibson or Kamaka in the title, you already have an inkling that they're going to cost more than a Kala or Dolphin. ;)

As long as the price is stated up front in the first post, you don't have to "waste" your time drooling.

Also, I'm not sure what the time limit on changing your thread title is here. (I just tried an old one of mine and it let me change it within the post but not in the forum view.) People drop prices and can edit their post, but it takes a mod to edit the thread title after a certain period of time, so that would mean more work for them.

Ahhh, that makes total sense regarding the editing of titles. The work the mod's do is definitely appreciated and I wouldn't want to add any more to their plates!

When it comes to pricing by brand, being relatively new to playing the Ukulele I'm still learning which model is which so I'm not so good at it.
Also, on various sites I've seen Kala's from $30 to $600 as well as Kamaka's selling for less than $400. I used to just pass on any Kamaka ad thinking it would be way out of my budget when I purchased my most recent Kala Uke, but since then I've seen quite a few going for not much more. Looking back I likely would have purchased a Kamaka instead... Next time!

Ahhh, that makes total sense regarding the editing of titles. The work the mod's do is definitely appreciated and I wouldn't want to add any more to their plates!

When it comes to pricing by brand, being relatively new to playing the Ukulele I'm still learning which model is which so I'm not so good at it.
Also, on various sites I've seen Kala's from $30 to $600 as well as Kamaka's selling for less than $400. I used to just pass on any Kamaka ad thinking it would be way out of my budget when I purchased my most recent Kala Uke, but since then I've seen quite a few going for not much more. Looking back I likely would have purchased a Kamaka instead... Next time!

learn your hawaiian makers, your high end imports and then the midrange imports and then the lower range imports.
that will help you. kala can go for a lot but usually no more than $350 IMO. You will learn. It is quite fun as well.

learn your hawaiian makers, your high end imports and then the midrange imports and then the lower range imports.
that will help you. kala can go for a lot but usually no more than $350 IMO. You will learn. It is quite fun as well.

I recently bought a New Kala Tenor for $400. One of their Gloss Cedar tops with Koa Back and Sides. It's not even their most expensive model. Did I get ripped off?

Top Bottom