UU Service Unavailable?

Camsuke

I seem to be getting this message quite regularly these days. Has anyone else been experiencing problems?:D

"Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.29 (Unix) mod_hive/6.6 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 Server at forum.ukuleleunderground.com Port 443"

Swamp Yankee

Yep... though it happens most often on my tablet, it happens at least once daily

Joe King

I get that error about once a week now.

Using latest Firefox on Linux if that matters to anyone.

Sharpshin

UU VIP
UU VIP
I get that same message really often, as in several times a session.

Doug W

I just read this thread, then hit the back button and got your message. Using Google Chrome with Windows 7.

RafterGirl

I've been getting the message for weeks now. Multiple times a day. On my home computer, Mac with Safari, as well as my iPhone.

Brad Bordessa

Usually has to do with server load. I'm sure the boys are pulling their hair out. Running something like this forum takes an amazing amount of resources with very little return on investment.

Chopped Liver

I have been getting this error message. I thought it might happen during some busy periods.
Without appearing to be paranoid, my entire internet service has started to get some weird lag type things. Opening a new TAB gets a noticeable delay, like Apple or Facebook or Google or Mr X is collecting all the data before a page is closed. I don't know how sensitive UU software is to congestion, but that error message could be caused by congestion on your internet service.
Being a holiday period, I don't expect any UU staff to stop enjoying the holiday to look at the problem.

Mine, too! I wondered if it has anything to do with the net neutrality thing.

And I have gotten the error message a few times lately.

Sharpshin

UU VIP
UU VIP
I just got this msg when I came to check this thread. All this time I thought it was my computer but it just occurred on my phone.
Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.4.29 (Unix) mod_hive/6.6 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 Server at forum.ukuleleunderground.com Port 443

CommonCurt

Been getting it off/on for over a month. Mainly from my cellphone, but sometimes when using my desktop.

Jan D

I've been getting that message lately too. However, I'm still using iOS 7 on my iPad, so I guess I'm lucky to be able to access any websites at all. :)

Jan D.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
I've also been having those problems the last couple of weeks. I'm on a MacBook Pro 2011 with High Sierra OS 10.13.6 and Safari 12.0.2.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

jimavery

Yes, lots of times, sometimes every third or so attempted page view. Seems ok now, but I guess that's because most of the US aren't awake yet!

Croaky Keith

I think you will find that it is just the number of 'hits' the servers are receiving, they can't cope at times, just wait a second or two, then retry - works for me. :)

Jerryc41

Yes, it's a regular occurrence, along with "Forbidden," "Spam," "Wait 30 seconds," and other messages.

Doc_J

I think you will find that it is just the number of 'hits' the servers are receiving, they can't cope at times, just wait a second or two, then retry - works for me. :)

Yes. It’s been the same for me.

There seems to more “active users” but mostly “guests” lately. Last look was 350 users of which only 24 were members.

Last edited:

Chopped Liver

Just tried getting on UU and continued to get:
Service Unavailable

Apache/2.4.29 (Unix) mod_hive/6.6 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 Server at forum.ukuleleunderground.com Port 443

Usually can refresh and get right on. Had to try a few times this time.