UU VIP Program

I noticed that both memberships are re-occurring payments from paypal....How would we stop the reoccurence if we wanted to at some point down the road?

Once this process is outlined....count me in.

Its called a paypal subscription and you can cancel it from within paypal at any time you want very easily. They are used a lot for any recurring payment type :)

Its called a paypal subscription and you can cancel it from within paypal at any time you want very easily. They are used a lot for any recurring payment type :)

Yup! More info here :)

I paid for the one year membership and had the cool VIP logo next to my name, but I haven't logged on to this site in a couple of weeks, and now I notice that my cool VIP logo has disappeared. Did I get kicked out of the club? What gives? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

-gyosh

You guys need some other forms of payment like BofA or MasterCard. Some of us don't want to get involved with "PayPal".............

I am using the "Square up" system for non-PayPal orders https://squareup.com/. You can take credit card orders over the phone for USA cardholders VISA, Discover, Master Card, and American Express. It has been working great for me.

Intuit has a similar system too http://intuit-gopayment.com/. I haven't tried that one yet. Both systems offer a credit card swiper for use with a phone or iPad.

–Lori

I am not and will not be a paypal member. Let me know when I can subscribe by other means.

You guys need some other forms of payment like BofA or MasterCard. Some of us don't want to get involved with "PayPal".............

Yep...not getting involved with paypal!!!!

Not afraid of Paypal here. Just sent my donation.

Yeah, been using PayPal for years with no problems. Prefer to deal with businesses that offer PayPal, then only one business has my credit card info and it doesn't get blasted across the Internet.
:2cents:

PayPal is fine...EvilBay is of the devil!!! LOL

Thank for everything...

I know some of you will be tempted to either school me on it, or chide me for it, but its how i feel.

When the recurring membership is gone, I'm in with both feet.

Last edited:
I know some of you will be tempted to either school me on it, or chide me for it, but its how i feel.

When the recurring membership is gone, I'm in with both feet.

Ho, Bruddah coolkayaker1,

What do you have against recurring memberships?:confused: My inquiring mind wants to know.

Changing the subject ... how are you liking your Pono RTSH-E?

Aloha,

Kimo

Most people don't realize that you can go to PayPal and see a list of your recurring memberships and edit them accordingly.

Ho, Bruddah coolkayaker1,

What do you have against recurring memberships?:confused: My inquiring mind wants to know.

Changing the subject ... how are you liking your Pono RTSH-E?

Aloha,

Kimo

Hi, Kimo. few reasons. Enough to think about in life without remembering to go into Paypal and edit out recurring payments. My credit card statement is long (three pages monthly), and I'd likely miss it. I don't want to belong and pay for anything forever, or by spotting something that has already been paid by Paypal and then trying to recoup the money--life's too short. I don't want to allow access on a recurrent basis to my Paypal account to anyone or any organization (and that's what signing up for recurrent payments allows, legally), I belong to at least six forums, from kayaking to hammocking (hammockforums.net) to writers/authors but none have only a recurrent payment system (most send a blast email asking for a renewal), so that's how I handle it.

That said, I believe firmly in owners of websites doing what they feel is best, business-wise, for themselves. They garner more revenue from recurrent memberships, then great. They weigh in, I'm sure, that a certain percentage of people feel as I do, and they determine for themselves if it's worthwhile to have only--and the key word here is only--recurrent memberships. Maybe there's 25% of forum users out here who feel as I do, and they'd be losing a ton with the policy. Maybe I'm the only one, and they'd gaining from having everyone renew, whether they thought of doing it or not (it just shows up on the credit card, bang).

I answer because you ask, Kimo. Nothing more, and not telling UU how to do things.

I do like the Pono, but getting used to tenor with my concert sized hands--well, the jury is still out on that one. lol THanks, man.

Per Rayan reportedly new website will be up soon and with that annual membership will be back...that is what I am waiting for...that I can remember to check! Just my personal opinion, no disrespect to anyone else intended.

Hi, Kimo. few reasons. Enough to think about in life without remembering to go into Paypal and edit out recurring payments. My credit card statement is long (three pages monthly), and I'd likely miss it. I don't want to belong and pay for anything forever, or by spotting something that has already been paid by Paypal and then trying to recoup the money--life's too short. I don't want to allow access on a recurrent basis to my Paypal account to anyone or any organization (and that's what signing up for recurrent payments allows, legally), I belong to at least six forums, from kayaking to hammocking (hammockforums.net) to writers/authors but none have only a recurrent payment system (most send a blast email asking for a renewal), so that's how I handle it.

That said, I believe firmly in owners of websites doing what they feel is best, business-wise, for themselves. They garner more revenue from recurrent memberships, then great. They weigh in, I'm sure, that a certain percentage of people feel as I do, and they determine for themselves if it's worthwhile to have only--and the key word here is only--recurrent memberships. Maybe there's 25% of forum users out here who feel as I do, and they'd be losing a ton with the policy. Maybe I'm the only one, and they'd gaining from having everyone renew, whether they thought of doing it or not (it just shows up on the credit card, bang).

I answer because you ask, Kimo. Nothing more, and not telling UU how to do things.

I do like the Pono, but getting used to tenor with my concert sized hands--well, the jury is still out on that one. lol THanks, man.

Mahalo for answering my question, Brah!

You have a valid reason and I respect that. I hope you're getting a better feel for your Pono RTSH-E Tenor. The more time you spend playing your Pono, the more comfortable it will get. Have fun!

Aloha,

Kimo

UU Plus Membership Without Recurring Dues! Thank you, UU Ryan, Aaron, Aldrine.

As mentioned in my recent post, I desired a non-recurring membership to UU. Maybe it's me that just didn't see it (and I now noticed it with the revamped and improved Home page), or maybe it was only now made available from UU, but either way, I see a one year, non-recurring annual payment option for UU+.

As promised, I'm in! With both feet. And bells on.

I appreciate this website sincerely, having learned much from the videos. Heck, I can now play Under the Bridge by RHCP thanks to UU!

So, signing up for a year, non-recurring, today. And appreciate the efforts of these young site owners.

Thanks, UU. Here I come, UU+. Bruddah, Kimo>> I'm in! Steve

Last edited:
Maybe it's me that just didn't see it...I see a one year, non-recurring annual payment option for UU+....Here I come, UU+. Bruddah, Kimo>> I'm in!
I think the annual membership to UU+ ($120) has always been non-recurring. It's the UU VIP annual membership ($45) that has been and still is recurring.

Top Bottom