UUBL: Reborn!

It's not fake, it's derived from a plant. Nothing like Splenda or equal. Seriously, try a small amount. It doesn't do the same thing that aspartame does to our bodies.

I just seen this post. Glad I looked back, or I would have missed it!! I will give it a try!!! I just get so scared of how sick fake sugars make me. Aspartame & nutrisuite does it....so does whatever is in Crystal Light.

At home I use Romaine Hearts as they are kind of sub like... I put everything on them! Cold Meats, Tuna Salad (I need a different wrapper for this...) Peanut butter. You name it! I need to try iceberg and butter lettuces to see how they perform... I'll report back on that! In my opinion lettuce wraps are AMAZING compared to their buned counterparts! You get all of the flavors of the filling without the bland carb and calorie filled bread! (Even if I go off of low carb I am going to do lettuce wraps when an option from now on...)

I figured romaine would be good for wraps. It's large and not as crisp as other lettuce varieties. Another thing you can use for wraps is rice paper. It's tricky to use at first, but it's nothing difficult. I like little spring rolls with the rice paper. You don't fry them. Just wrap up some veggies and whatever meat and it's yummy. I like to go to my fave Vietnamese resteraunt and order goi cuon (spring rolls). They are made this way and they are tastey!

At home I use Romaine Hearts as they are kind of sub like... I put everything on them! Cold Meats, Tuna Salad (I need a different wrapper for this...) Peanut butter. You name it! I need to try iceberg and butter lettuces to see how they perform... I'll report back on that! In my opinion lettuce wraps are AMAZING compared to their buned counterparts! You get all of the flavors of the filling without the bland carb and calorie filled bread! (Even if I go off of low carb I am going to do lettuce wraps when an option from now on...)

I love lettuce wraps. Romain works the best. Iceberg is ok, but I really don't like the flavor of iceberg.

What do you put on yours?

usually just tuna or salmon. I don't get fresh veggies very often (my location limits what i can get).
So the only meat I eat: Wild game, chicken, canned tuna, cannned chicken, canned crab meat.

Today's lunch will be canned tuna-mustard based not mayo and romaine with grape tomatoes and spinach with a little cilantro. I just got a produce order in so lots of fresh veggies will be consumed this week.

last night I made a blueberry cobbler with no sugar.

I took our last bag of berries and placed in the oven with some coconut oil. Then mixed a cup of flour with an egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, coconut milk and almost three truvia packets of stivia. Not that much. IT was tasty.

last night I made a blueberry cobbler with no sugar.

I took our last bag of berries and placed in the oven with some coconut oil. Then mixed a cup of flour with an egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, coconut milk and almost three truvia packets of stivia. Not that much. IT was tasty.

Well, now you know what not to do!! A lot of stuff is trial and error.

Tonight, we had a pork loin, broccoli florets and asparagus. It was all real good. I ate proper portions.

I feel great, tonight. I'm not as bloated as I was this time last week.

Tonight, we had a pork loin, broccoli florets and asparagus. It was all real good. I ate proper portions.

I feel great, tonight. I'm not as bloated as I was this time last week.

Awesome!!! I love all of that, especially asparagus, MMMMM!

I'm down to 205, In 5 more lbs I'll be under 200! 200 is my short goal, my long goal is 175 or a leaner "meaner" me! By meaner I just mean toned...

I'm down to 205, In 5 more lbs I'll be under 200! 200 is my short goal, my long goal is 175 or a leaner "meaner" me! By meaner I just mean toned...

So good to have sub goals and final goals.

You can do it!!! You are so close!

The word "toned" is an interesting one and one Shane hated. Because a lot of people say they want to be "toned" and don't realize what that really means. (I am not saying you, this is a general rant). So they think "I lose weight, I do yoga, pilates, walk, etc.... I will get toned." The only way to truly get toned is to build muscle, lose fat. You can just lose fat and do cardio, but that is an entirely different physique and is not toned, but more of a soft physique. You lift according to the physique you want. So this does not mean you have to look like a bro or gym rat, but lifting really is an important part of being "toned". So is fat loss.

So, right now, since I hold weight around my middle and in my arms, I look "toned" in my shoulders and back, but where I need to lose weight, I am not "toned", but it is under there. But it was the eating holding me back, not the lifting.
Anyway, yeah, the point is "toned" is a fitness buzz word thrown around a lot but often people know what it looks like, but they don't realize to achieve it does involve lifting some heavy stuff up and down :)

Last edited:
So good to have sub goals and final goals.

You can do it!!! You are so close!

The word "toned" is an interesting one and one Shane hated. Because a lot of people say they want to be "toned" and don't realize what that really means. (I am not saying you, this is a general rant). So they think "I lose weight, I do yoga, pilates, walk, etc.... I will get toned." The only way to truly get toned is to build muscle, lose fat. You can just lose fat and do cardio, but that is an entirely different physique and is not toned, but more of a soft physique. You lift according to the physique you want. So this does not mean you have to look like a bro or gym rat, but lifting really is an important part of being "toned". So is fat loss.

So, right now, since I hold weight around my middle and in my arms, I look "toned" in my shoulders and back, but where I need to lose weight, I am not "toned", but it is under there. But it was the eating holding me back, not the lifting.
Anyway, yeah, the point is "toned" is a fitness buzz word thrown around a lot but often people know what it looks like, but they don't realize to achieve it does involve lifting some heavy stuff up and down :)

You're very right! Toned is not the word I should have used... But I want to bulk up my muscles as I loose weight. I'm only doing resistance bands right now, which I know will not do much... But I plan on moving to free weights and machines soon. The resistance bands were an option to get me started and to use if I'm away from the gym later on.

You're very right! Toned is not the word I should have used... But I want to bulk up my muscles as I loose weight. I'm only doing resistance bands right now, which I know will not do much... But I plan on moving to free weights and machines soon. The resistance bands were an option to get me started and to use if I'm away from the gym later on.

Then toned is the right word! You are on the right track! You can do a lot with resistance bands too! Those can be just as good!

Fair enough! Thanks!!! :)

Oh hey, what are some of your go to snacks?

String cheese or an oz of cheese of any sort is a major go to (doesn't help that Nicky is on a cheese food jag right now).
a Tbsp of Valencia Peanut butter (the good stuff from TJ's) with a sprinkling of salt eaten off a spoon is some good stuff
Half an avocado... or even better.. Avocado mousse. (I believe the recipe I use is from ibreatheimhungry.com).. I just bought all the stuff in the house to make it.
Pepperoni slices are another thing I grab in a pinch.
A 1 oz portion of almonds, pistachios or peanuts (measured out on the scale.) I buy in bulk and then portion out in itty bitty containers or plastic bags.

I need your bp coffee recipe... I tried some this morning (16oz coffee, 1tbsp butter, 1 oz cream, and some sweetener to taste) and it just wasn't good. I'm not hungry though, so that's a bonus.

I should work out more. It's not for any reason other than building muscle means you burn calories faster.

Maybe we should call today the workout day:
Whats your routine?

I mainly do bodyweight exercises, but I'm really lax about them. I like my squats, lunges, crunches/sit-ups, and wall push ups (I can't do the floor ones just yet)

I despise lunges.

I'm keeping my exercise mat out on the regular lately. It's a quiet play surface for the kids, but it's also good to not have to find it and unroll it every time I want to take 5 minutes and move around.

Top Bottom