UUBL: Reborn!

String cheese or an oz of cheese of any sort is a major go to (doesn't help that Nicky is on a cheese food jag right now).
a Tbsp of Valencia Peanut butter (the good stuff from TJ's) with a sprinkling of salt eaten off a spoon is some good stuff
Half an avocado... or even better.. Avocado mousse. (I believe the recipe I use is from ibreatheimhungry.com).. I just bought all the stuff in the house to make it.
Pepperoni slices are another thing I grab in a pinch.
A 1 oz portion of almonds, pistachios or peanuts (measured out on the scale.) I buy in bulk and then portion out in itty bitty containers or plastic bags.

I need your bp coffee recipe... I tried some this morning (16oz coffee, 1tbsp butter, 1 oz cream, and some sweetener to taste) and it just wasn't good. I'm not hungry though, so that's a bonus.

It's this:
8oz coffee
1 Tbs Butter (salted)
1 Tbs Heavy Cream or Coconut Oil depending on the day... I like it both ways!
2-3 1/4 second squirts of liquid splenda because I can't do stevia, it just... doesn't work for me...

That's it! My second cup I just add a bit of splenda and mix it in with the first cup.

My Workout Plan:

Mondays: Walk 1-2 Miles
Tuesdays: Body weight exercises (Push Ups, Sit Ups, Squats etc)
Wednesday: Walk 1-2 Miles
Thursdays: Resistance Training (Upper Body on even weeks and Lower Body on odd weeks)
Fridays: Workout Video (Some sort of 20-30 minute cardio)
Saturdays: Resistance Training (Lower on Even Weeks and Upper on odd weeks.
Sundays: Rest

This would be an ideal week, and I seem to do something like this every week.
The order is switched up and if I am super busy I often miss a cardio day or if I am doing a lot of outside work which is very cardio intensive I don't do cardio on top of it:

Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Tricepts day. Usually 2 weight bearing exercises related to each muscle groups in a super set. (So I group a tri, chest, and shoulder exercise in a group and I rotate them for 4 sets 8-15 reps each until the last set which is to failure and then drop sets, you go until you cant lift any more then you drop the weight and repeat until even 5 lbs seems hard). About 45-60 min.
Tuesday: Interval Cardio. Intervals are important and I like to run trails but I no longer so it by distance or speed, but rather heart rate. So I sprint for 30 seconds, bring my heart rate down to the 140s, and then do it again) Usually about 45-60min
Wednesday: Leg Day, so weighted squats, lunches, step-ups, glute bridges, calf raises, kickback, etc. All weighted
Thursday: Rest or hit abs
Friday: Back and Bis. If I did not do abs I do abs here as well. Supersets like I mentioned before.
Saturday: Cardio, running, yardwork, maybe hit abs if I didn't before.
Sunday: Rest

I have a tendency to forget my abs so I fit them in when I can and a lot of times I choose my days according to how my muscles feel, my schedule, and how I feel, and I don't wait a week to start the cycle over, lets say I hit weights Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday because of my schedule and Saturday I feel like lifting again... I just start over the cycle. So I listen to my body a lot and work with how it is feeling.

You're very right! Toned is not the word I should have used... But I want to bulk up my muscles as I loose weight. I'm only doing resistance bands right now, which I know will not do much... But I plan on moving to free weights and machines soon. The resistance bands were an option to get me started and to use if I'm away from the gym later on.

resistance bands will help you achieve your goal just like body weight exercises just like free weight exercises.
I used to laugh at them, until I got a set.

We really only have one local place to eat. My mom took us to eat there last night. I usually get the steak sub. Almost every time. Usually with these really thick friend onion rings. I got a Tomato stuffed with chicken salad instead. It was really good. And I was not kicking myself this morning. I am 2.5 lbs away from my 50 lbs lost mark... I really want to get there.

We really only have one local place to eat. My mom took us to eat there last night. I usually get the steak sub. Almost every time. Usually with these really thick friend onion rings. I got a Tomato stuffed with chicken salad instead. It was really good. And I was not kicking myself this morning. I am 2.5 lbs away from my 50 lbs lost mark... I really want to get there.
yay Mim! :):):)

That sounds really good. Was it similar to a stuffed bell pepper?

Not sure, it was not warm, it was cold. Cold tomato with chicken salad in it... mmmmmm!

I figured it was cold, but were the seeds included or was the tomato hollowed out like a bell pepper then stuffed with the chicken salad?

Last October I did a six week boot camp workout. It was grueling, exhausting and I HATED it but it was very good for me.

We have less than 40 days before me and the girls leave for UWC. We have been working out and doing yoga but we need a push. Today I stopped at the boot camp gym and signed us up. Tomorrow at 8:30 we start.

Last October I did a six week boot camp workout. It was grueling, exhausting and I HATED it but it was very good for me.

We have less than 40 days before me and the girls leave for UWC. We have been working out and doing yoga but we need a push. Today I stopped at the boot camp gym and signed us up. Tomorrow at 8:30 we start.

Go Sally Go!

Well, we had great intentions this morning but one daughter woke up feeling very sick. It's 3:30 and she's still in bed. So anyway we didn't make it to torture class. Instead I am breaking up the very hard dirt/rock backyard with a mattock. Oh hells yes, I'm working out.

Last edited:
Well, we had great intentions this morning but one daughter woke up feeling very sick. It's 3:30 and she's still in bed. So anyway we didn't make it to torture class. Instead I am breaking up the very hard dirt/rock backyard with a mattock. Oh hells yes, I'm working out.
Gardening is probably some of the best exercise of all!!

I'm very excited- I weighed in 2 lbs closer to my goal... so I'm 98 lbs down from the start of my journey, 88 down from when I started eating Keto.

Just wow. 48ish lbs to go. Gettin' there slowly but surely.

I'm very excited- I weighed in 2 lbs closer to my goal... so I'm 98 lbs down from the start of my journey, 88 down from when I started eating Keto.

Cash! THAT IS AWESOME! And so close to your really cool boots!!! A little side bonus there!!!

That's a workout in itself! Way to go!

Way to go Cash!

I'm down to 4 lbs from my short goal, I am hoping to hit it before UWC... We'll see!

I made these last night for Becca and I:

10308277_10153325760337835_2422414492732726808_n.jpg

They were AWESOME! Romain "Tacos" with cream cheese, homemade taco meat (no packet seasoning, just the spices and no flour) and shredded Colby cheese on top! I added Red Hot to it, Becca didn't but WOW they were DELICIOUS!

Oh my! I just said something... like... that made me stop in my tracks. Because... it is evidence of a change.

Usually when I have had a crazy/hard/busy day at work I say "I have had a busy day, I deserve a ice cream/cookie/trip to Nancy's Fudge/piece of cake."

Without even thinking about it I said,
"Man! I got a LOT done today! I deserve an awesome workout!"

I have learned it helps me work out my energy and helps the day transition from crazy work to rest. And it really has turned into a treat for me and something I look forward to!

But, yeah, never said that one out loud! It is a good thing.

Top Bottom