Waltzing Matilda - Come On!

Sounded pretty good to me Chaostoo and you punched through the fluffs which is the main thing.
and oh man I know what you mean,
it was getting daft at how many takes I had to do to make it through myself,
Why don't you come and join us at the Seasons of the Ukulele
it's a great challenge each week and it's fun too.

I think you're being kind......but it's appreciated!

I have got to get myself some way of recording the audio a little better before I join in with the seasons, but I reckon I'll get there at some point.....

Maybe with a little alcohol, I won't make as many mistakes! :D (or at least I'll notice them less!)

I'm already having reservations about this - but what the heck!

Here is my first (maybe my last) YouTube clip of me singing and playing the uke - although you could argue that 'singing' and 'playing' is stretching it!

There's more than a few fluffs in this take, but it was probably the best of a number I've done this morning and I've ended up recording it off my iphone, as I couldn't get the laptop's webcam to work, so the sound is poor!

Be gentle...... :D
Version - not dodgy. Mistakes - where? I didn't notice them......audio quality - nothing wrong with it.....and you can play, and your voice is FINE. Consider yourself told off.......that was great! :) Honestly, it was lovely! Now get over to the Seasons contests, and give us some more, please! Ukuloonie was not "being kind".....

Version - not dodgy. Mistakes - where? I didn't notice them......audio quality - nothing wrong with it.....and you can play, and your voice is FINE. Consider yourself told off.......that was great! :) Honestly, it was lovely! Now get over to the Seasons contests, and give us some more, please! Ukuloonie was not "being kind".....

Thankyou :eek:

I'm already having reservations about this - but what the heck!

Here is my first (maybe my last) YouTube clip of me singing and playing the uke - although you could argue that 'singing' and 'playing' is stretching it!

There's more than a few fluffs in this take, but it was probably the best of a number I've done this morning and I've ended up recording it off my iphone, as I couldn't get the laptop's webcam to work, so the sound is poor!

Be gentle...... :D

That was just GREAT. Vocals were spot on. Thanks for posting!

Please check the playlist and make sure you're on it if you Waltzed with Matilda with Me.
I will doing the big draw this week with young Jaxson.
You could win a specially minted Waltzing Matilda ONE DOLLAR coin!
Control that excitement please!

In order to thank you for allowing me be part of the wonderful project LWU around the world.

One cool & soft "cover", and all apologies by advance for my terrific french accent... =)
(you told us it could be funny to see how strangers could do it... Well, in my case, funny it is. nevermind.)

In order to thank you for allowing me be part of the wonderful project LWU around the world.

One cool & soft "cover", and all apologies by advance for my terrific french accent... =)
(you told us it could be funny to see how strangers could do it... Well, in my case, funny it is. nevermind.)
What a wonderful version. Reminds me of Jack Johnson.
I'm impressed! And you were the only one to tackle the Queensland version.
I haven't done the draw for the lucky dollar yet so I'll include you in the raffle.
Fantastic.

Please consider doing a location song for my Seasons competition this week.

Frax - what a GREAT version! Can't say I'm familiar with the 'Queensland' version at all, but that was fantastic!

What a wonderful version. Reminds me of Jack Johnson.
I'm impressed! And you were the only one to tackle the Queensland version.
I haven't done the draw for the lucky dollar yet so I'll include you in the raffle.
Fantastic.

Please consider doing a location song for my Seasons competition this week.

Such kind and positive compliments light up my day ! Thank you pabrizzer, that's really really appreciable !
We'll talk about Jack Johnson when I'll have half the talent he's got :)

Yeah, I didn't know the Queensland version, fell in love with it, but wanted to make somethin "smoother", "cooler". Delighted to see you enjoyed it !

A location song ? This week ? If I have the time, I'll try to record something, yeah. But I cannot guarantee it.

Frax - what a GREAT version! Can't say I'm familiar with the 'Queensland' version at all, but that was fantastic!

Many thanks ChaosToo, your compliments brings me also a biiig smile ! Very kind of you =)

Hey Frax, that was a terrific rendition of our "national song". I loved it, very well done!

Nice long neck soprano, too. WOW!!!

Cheers from Queensland,
Pauli.

Hey Frax, that was a terrific rendition of our "national song". I loved it, very well done!

Nice long neck soprano, too. WOW!!!

Cheers from Queensland,
Pauli.

I feel grateful to you dear Pauli. It's awesome to know that someone overseas, from Queensland, liked some kind of version of this song. Your song, actually ! Yeah, I love considering this... Thank you !

And yeah, the koAloha soprano longneck is an oustanding instrument indeed ! Amazing, dope, you could use any emphasis you could find, I mean it.

You shoulda told this to my buddy UkeVal... It was his. =) (and check out how he manages to make it sound so brilliant, when I play it basically)

Plus, thank you for this kind attention ! I'll look forward to the draw !!! A coin "waltzing matilda", sooo cool I think !!!

Frax,
You should post your video in the VIDEOS AND LINKS section of this forum - it deserves more views.
Cheers, Briz.

Okay, thanks for the advice !
Thought I could't post it twice.
:)

AND THE WINNER IS.....
As promised I got Jaxson to draw a name out of the hat to win the Waltzing Matilda $1.

Wim I still have your address from sending you the valuable paper beer coaster so only PM me if you have changed address since then. I'll send it next Monday.

Thanks ALL for taking the time to share.

Last edited:
So cute ! Thanks Jaxson, congrats Xomen !!!
and thanks pabrizzer for a great contest !!!

Great way to pick a winner! Congrats Xomen - and thanks PB for a great contest..... :D

Top Bottom