Washington DC or Baltimore?

RuckMonkey

Hi all,

I just moved pretty much squarely halfway between Baltimore and Washington DC. I'm just curious if there are any groups around here who get together and play. I know a few weekends ago when I went to a music shop in Cantonsville there was a group that was either in a lesson or just hanging out and playing together. I don't know which, so I didn't just bust in and introduce myself.

But, I'd love to find people to play with. All I hang out with are a bunch of guitar players. Thanks!

Raygf

You should have definitely busted in and introduced yourself. I lead the group. We meet the 3rd Saturday of the month. I offer a beginners session from 1:30 to 2:00 and then we have a strum and sing from 2:00 to 3:00.

RuckMonkey

D'oh! >.< Well, if it is any consolation, I spent my time where I wasn't busting in drooling over that Colling's solid Koa hanging on the wall. I guess I know where I'll be next month on the 3rd Saturday. I don't know if I'll be there to participate, but, I'll show up early and maybe chat things over with ya!

You should have definitely busted in and introduced yourself. I lead the group. We meet the 3rd Saturday of the month. I offer a beginners session from 1:30 to 2:00 and then we have a strum and sing from 2:00 to 3:00.

Raygf

D'oh! >.< Well, if it is any consolation, I spent my time where I wasn't busting in drooling over that Colling's solid Koa hanging on the wall. I guess I know where I'll be next month on the 3rd Saturday. I don't know if I'll be there to participate, but, I'll show up early and maybe chat things over with ya!
That Collings is a remarkable instrument. You are more than welcome to bring your uke and play. We have all levels of players and we play plenty of 2,3 and 4 chord songs. No worries. I look forward to meeting you. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located between Baltimore and Washington? I grew up in Catonsville and my wife and I live about 10 minutes west of Appalachian towards Ellicott City.

RuckMonkey

I live in Bowie. So, about 45 odd minutes away from Cantonsville. Ish. If I don't get lost. I look forward to meeting ya'll!

That Collings is a remarkable instrument. You are more than welcome to bring your uke and play. We have all levels of players and we play plenty of 2,3 and 4 chord songs. No worries. I look forward to meeting you. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located between Baltimore and Washington? I grew up in Catonsville and my wife and I live about 10 minutes west of Appalachian towards Ellicott City.