Water Resistant For Pacific Northwest Misty Winters

Following to see what you think of your choice when it comes in!

I do feel like if you do a NUD post it should include the plastic bad on the headstock 😂

I received my Outdoor Carbon Fiber Soprano two days ago! (super fast). I like it (like, not love). It sounds a bit quiet to my ear, but my GF did not think it was quiet at all from a listener's perspective. It sounds good--not amazing or lovely or rich, but just like a solid ukulele. With a plastic bag over the tuners, it should do exactly what I want it to do. Still curious about the higher end ones (we know how that goes), but this really fits the bill.

Last edited:
Totally hear ya. Shame Blackbird doesn't have a soprano size would probably fit the bill nicely. Initially I was going to throw Klos out there but I believe it has a wooden fretboard so probably not ideal.

Curious what people think of the Synergy Carbon Fiber Soprano Uke. A great deal more at $600CAD. I wonder if it is worth the difference? Open to a higher end one as well as the Outdoor, if there is a huge difference in quality.

I'm so glad you brought up Synergy Instruments, Ontario, Canada :)

I have 2: a full CF Concert I got about a year ago and a Hybrid eKoa/CF that I
was able to get around June 2021.

The reason I got the Hybrid is because although I loved the full CF construction
of my initial purchase, I found the upper part of the neck, particularly around the
headstock, a bit thick. And although I was getting used to it when I was playing it
almost exclusively from Dec 2020 to June 2021, I was contacted by a Synergy
(Authorized?) Dealer, also in Ontario who mentioned that his comparison of the
full CF and the Hybrid revealed a volume advantage to the Hybrid.

This was very interesting to me because beside the full CF neck thickness, I also found the volume
a bit muted. I often lead Song Circles so I prefer leading with an instrument that
will be heard above the ambient volume of the group.

And, whereas ordering directly from Synergy meant a 6-7 week wait, my friend would
be able to ship the one he had in stock almost immediately :)

(email me and I will try to get you into contact with him - rohiguchi@gmail.com)

Anyway, since receiving the Synergy Hybrid eKoa/CF Concert I have been using it
just about exclusively. I recently uploaded the first of a projected series of 9 videos
to YT of "Holiday Songs 2021" with pdfs for viewers so they/you can play along.

BTW I'm in Seattle and if feasible I would love to join you sometime. If you use an iPad
I will share/Airdrop some of the music I have in the GoodReader app :)

keep uke'in',

Last edited:
I'm so glad you brought up Synergy Instruments, Ontario, Canada :)

I have 2: a full CF Concert I got about a year ago and a Hybrid eKoa/CF that I
was able to get around June 2021.

The reason I got the Hybrid is because although I loved the full CF construction
of my initial purchase, I found the upper part of the neck, particularly around the
headstock, a bit thick. And although I was getting used to it when I was playing it
almost exclusively from Dec 2020 to June 2021, I was contacted by a Synergy
(Authorized?) Dealer, also in Ontario who mentioned that his comparison of the
full CF and the Hybrid revealed a volume advantage to the Hybrid.

This was very interesting to me because beside the full CF neck thickness, I also found the volume
a bit muted. I often lead Song Circles so I prefer leading with an instrument that
will be heard above the ambient volume of the group.

And, whereas ordering directly from Synergy meant a 6-7 week wait, my friend would
be able to ship the one he had in stock almost immediately :)

(email me and I will try to get you into contact with him - rohiguchi@gmail.com)

Anyway, since receiving the Synergy Hybrid eKoa/CF Concert I have been using it
just about exclusively. I recently uploaded the first of a projected series of 9 videos
to YT of "Holiday Songs 2021" with pdfs for viewers so they/you can play along.

BTW I'm in Seattle and if feasible I would love to join you sometime. If you use an iPad
I will share/Airdrop some of the music I have in the GoodReader app :)

keep uke'in',
I would love to meet up and play by the water or somewhere outside, and I have no problem coming up to Seattle? In fact, Madison Park Beach is one of my favorite spots! I would love to check out your Synergy's, if possible :)

Cheers,

Rich

On your cheap-now and great-later, have you looked at the Antica Ukuleleria Sacco for the worth-the-wait one to pair with the Outdoor? The looks are love-it-or-hate-it, but it should be a great play-in-the-typical-PNW-rainer, and fall back to the Outdoor if you want to play in a real deluge.

WoW. This is very tempting. Great design!

I would love to meet up and play by the water or somewhere outside, and I have no problem coming up to Seattle? In fact, Madison Park Beach is one of my favorite spots! I would love to check out your Synergy's, if possible :)

Cheers,

Rich
Madison Park (on a brighter, warmer day) would be ideal :)
you may text me at (206-234-6972)

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom