Welcome . . .

Hello from San Francisco, UU members! Hope to learn and share knowledge and experiences with you guys!

Greetings from Dover, Delaware, USA!

I've been playing about 15 months, bought my first Uke at the Aloha Bowl stadium in You Know Where, a tenor Islander. It soon was joined (after I got back home) by a Lanakai tenor 8-string - I love 12 string guitars and this was a logical step. I just bought a KPK Pineapple, my first solid wood Uke. The only thing I didn't like (a relative term!) was the soprano neck & fingerboard, but I'm adjusting nicely.

I plan on visiting a few of the smaller ukelele makers the next time I get to O'ahu, any suggestions? I will be staying in Kapolei/Makakilo area.

bobinde

Cheers!
Joined 2/12/2014
Haven't played uke in 45+ years, ran across a baritone uke on eBay I fell in love with and the rest, as they say, is history.
Needless to say am extremely rusty. Plan to treat myself as a rank beginner and start over. Playing of my own enjoyment.

RCJ

Hello, I hope I'm in the right thread,

My name is Ladybyron, I live in the UK, I've been playing my Uke's for 3 days and I just wanted to say 👋 hi.

Hello UU, I'm Lloyd from Philippines. Hope I can learn tips, tricks and techniques from you guys.

Aloha! Welcome every one. This is my first post. I look forward to reading great insight and tips on the uke! I'm a new player but eager to learn. Mahalo!

Hello from Tennessee! I am waiting for my first uke to show up on my doorstep!

Hi from Sale uk another newbie, I play a moselele bambookulele (badly I might add) looks a good site for help and tips

Hi from Singapore. started taking lessons in uke. but not keen on singing & playing on uke. hope to brush up on my uke skills and am looking ard for instrumental uke chords to practise.

Aloha from the midwest USA.
I'm not yet a ukulele player, but I hope to become one soon. I ran across this forum while browsing portable instruments. The Risa Uke-Solid has captured my attention the past few weeks (as you can see, I've been collecting and organizing links about it) and I am thinking hard about ordering a tenor. Still trying to decide whether to get it from Hawaii, Texas or Germany. Also trying to decide what to get for an amplifier (not sure I want to spend $150 off the bat for a Roland Micro Cube or if a Joyo JA-03 or Danelectro Honeytone might be a better way to go, at least initially).

Musically, I played trumpet and piano in my youth, secunda balalaika and a little steel string acoustic guitar in my long ago college days, and Native American style flutes most recently (with a couple Irish whistles too; there definitely is a UAS-like syndrome in the flute domain as well ;-) ). Hoping that the Risa Uke-Solid will be a good entry point into the world of ukuleles.

Greetings from Riverside, California. My wife and I have been building ukes for a few years. It started when she bought me a Stewart McDonald soprano kit for Christmas. Since then we have taken a few ukulele building classes at Palomar College in San Diego County.
We have not built any for a few years but are gearing up to start back at it.
We are looking forward to learning and sharing.
Thanks,
Lefty

LOVELOVELOVE all you uke freaks ;) thanks for the welcome

thanks for your welcome :)
hope this forum will increasingly grow ;):eek:

Ty very much for the add I'm very new at the ukulele have only learned. Basic but am excited for it all . I live in ariton,AL n I camp n kayak also new to kayaking but loving it too

Hi, I'm Mathew. I'm from the UK and play the Ocarina and the Tin-Whistle. I wanted to expand to fretted instruments, and the ocarina community suggested the Ukulele, so I am intending to get one to learn to play.

I'll probably be lurking for a little while, just so I can get a feel for the community, though I may post a topic to get advice for my first ukulele.

Hi there!

Ukulele player for a few months now, new to the forum and hoping to gain some wisdom from others.

Great to find this forum.... live on Northern Rivers NSW, Australia and run a small Strum and Singalong group with ten+ uke players.

Top Bottom