Well Wishes (and Songs) for Tommy

Tommy, best wishes for a fast and comfortable recovery. No more marathons for you (unless it involves strumming the uke)!

Oh Tommy I've just caught up on this news while on the forum for the first time in ages.... so sorry to hear of this bit of bad luck! Good luck for a successful op and speedy recovery!

Hi Tommy. Hope you are well on your way to recovery.

:)

Is there any update?? I sure hope he is doing OK. I've been worried all day.

I know ... I've been wondering too! Janet got his number from me earlier today, but it doesn't seem like she reached him. I'll call tomorrow if we haven't heard from him by then. He is probably just recovering from the surgery at this point ... and sleeping.

I know ... I've been wondering too! Janet got his number from me earlier today, but it doesn't seem like she reached him. I'll call tomorrow if we haven't heard from him by then. He is probably just recovering from the surgery at this point ... and sleeping.

True. He's probably sleeping. It's so early, that no news is probably good news.

I could have sent this directly to you Tommy, but since there is this thread here for you I thought it would be nice to put this here. When you get your computer and wifi you'll know how much we care and think about you. Hope the surgery went well and you will be up singing for us, and telling us stories soon!

I am lying in bed and i can't sleep and i said these words out as i thought of you and i took my little kalimba and made a recording with my iphone.

This is my wishlist.
Get well soon, Tommy!

Just called Tommy. He's doing fine. His wife and both his parents are there with him, so that is why he hasn't been online yet. He does have a laptop now, so when they're gone, he'll come fill us all in.

He said the surgery yesterday was pain-free, the post-op a bit less so. As usual, though, he sounded in excellent spirits.

From here he is going to a nursing home near his home for a month for long-term rehab. He'll have his regular medical team there with him.

He is grateful for all our support and love. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and lovely songs ... I'm sure he'll love all that when he gets here. Feel free to keep 'em coming. I'm adding to the playlist as videos are posted.

Lyrics are in the youtube description.
Thank you Wendy for starting this thread and keeping us informed!

Thank you Wendy for starting this thread and keeping us informed!

Are you kidding? I feel honored he asked me. He is going to be so blown away by all these wonderful original songs you all are bringing him!

This family is the best. Tommy is a smart man to ask for this. What a terrific resource for love and healing we have here.

Hey Wendy, I didn't get the number...how did you send it? Email? I'll definitely find out how he is doing tomorrow. Today I had an early MRI and other tasks to do concerning my knee injury. I so hope Tommy is okay!! I do have his friends phone number, the one he was with at the picnic. I'll call her tomorrow.

Hey Wendy, I didn't get the number...how did you send it? Email? I'll definitely find out how he is doing tomorrow. Today I had an early MRI and other tasks to do concerning my knee injury. I so hope Tommy is okay!! I do have his friends phone number, the one he was with at the picnic. I'll call her tomorrow.

Facebook PM ... two minutes after you asked for it there. :)

He sounded pretty good when I talked with him this morning. He has family with him, so he didn't talk long. Say hi to Mary if you talk with her.

So, I just talked to Tommy and he's doing good trying to keep up his spirits. They are going to move him to a rehabilitation facility and work with him 3 hours a day to get him going. At least it was his bad leg/hip that he broke. But IDK maybe cuz it's not as strong that's not a good thing. I'm planning on going for a visit in a few weeks. He'll be in Mechanicsburg, PA which is only 2 hours away.

Keep the songs coming :)

Top Bottom