Wendell Hall Ukulele needs repair

geraldkeogh

I have an old Wendell Hall Professional Ukulele Banjo that is a family heirloom and in need of some repair.
My location is London Ontario Canada and would like to know if there is a reputable individual or store I could that could put a new skin and give an overall tune up.
I am also suspect of the 4 pegs/tuners as they do not seem to turn very well or hold their position. Furthermore I am a left hand player - just learning and don't know if the banjo would need to be reversed in any way.
Thanks for any help I can get from this forum.
Gerry

DuckyI

Replacing a skin and replacing tuners might be something that you could tackle yourself, if you cannot find a good luthier/tech. Similar with adjusting nut and action.

Although given it's a family heirloom I understand your hesitation! Some Canadian posters may chime in with suggestions.

TopDog

My first thought on reading the original post, was that replacing a skin and tuners is a simple job that anyone should tackle; then as DuckyI pointed out, as an heirloom, I can understand reluctance to try it. But both really are simple enough tasks, if you are unable to locate a store or local luthier.