what are you reading?

I have just noticed that a couple of friends of mine from the Seasons have been posting on here, so I decided to follow suit. I am currently reading three books at the same time ... "Unthinkable" Jamie Raskin's new book, "Traitor King" about the Duke of Windsor after his abdication and "Me and My Shadows" a biography of Judy Garland by her daughter, Lorna Luft. (I alternate between the three, depending on how serious I am feeling!) And, Joo, I LOVE Allan and Janet Ahlberg's books.

I really enjoyed The Shadow Of The Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I'll have to check out some of his other books!
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it! I really like his writing style. The next book in the "series" is The Angel's Game. Just from reading the first paragraph you can feel his love and insight for writing and literature much like that which was shown in The Shadow Of The Wind.

"A writer never forgets the first time he accepted a few coins or a word of praise in exchange for a story. He will never forget the sweet poison of vanity in his blood and the belief that, if he succeeds in not letting anyone discover his lack of talent, the dream of literature will provide him with a roof overhead, a hot meal at the end of the day, and what he covets most: his name printed on a miserable piece of paper that will surely outlive him. A writer is condemned to remember that moment, because from then on he is doomed and his soul has a price."

Last edited:
Just finished Spring by Ali Smith.
Love it.
Starting to read Winter by her now.

I just finished Later by Stephen King. With a few exceptions here and there, I've always enjoyed King's novels/stories. They're kind of like potato chips, they're really enjoyable, they go down very easy and I look forward reading the next one.

I'm just starting Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell. I really enjoyed another one of her stories, The Family Upstairs so I thought I'd try some more of her work.

I just finished 'The Age of Innocence' by Edith Wharton, a superbly written novel.

Now reading 'A Wrinkle In Time' by Madeleine L'Engle, the first book in her 'Time Quintet' series.

Top Bottom