What chords is this guy playing?

Numenal

Looks like C, and...? (He starts strumming around 43 seconds)

Thanks for any help.

Steedy

UU VIP
UU VIP
You're right, the chords are C, C5, and Csus4 (0003, 0033, and 0013 respectively).

That song was surprisingly good, thanks for the video!

Numenal

When I look the song up, various sources say there's also an f chord in there. I thought he might have been playing an f, but maybe not?

Numenal

I took one step further and played this song while watching a tuner. As he strums, the tuner registers C, then F. I'm going to look into this C5 and Csus4... And also try to match his strumming pattern.

merlin666

You're right, the chords are C, C5, and Csus4 (0003, 0033, and 0013 respectively).

That song was surprisingly good, thanks for the video!
Yes simple chords. But how did he do the two camera angles?

Peter Frary

You can do camera angles easily: use two cameras simultaneously and blend in post production. Or, shoot the entire number with one camera and, in a second shoot reposition for a different angle. Blend in the second camera in post production. I've done it both ways. Obviously for a live stage performance you need to shoot both cameras simultaneously. At home you have the flexibility to add additional angles after the main shoot.

Last edited:

Numenal

The whole song in various C chords? (My tuner picked up an F.) Guess I'm a little confused.

merlin666

The whole song in various C chords? (My tuner picked up an F.) Guess I'm a little confused.
The chords could also be considered Gsus4 and Fsus2 or labelled in other ways. You can always just play along and try to hear if something is missing.

Numenal

Thanks. Ok, was playing along and the one that could be called Csus4 sounds like an F and appears as an F on the tuner. Makes more sense.

Jim Yates

The 0013 is GCFC.
If you used C as the root, this would be a Csus4 (CFG).
If you took F to be the root, it would be Fsus2 (FGC).

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Extremely simple! I listened to about a minute of it, then picked up my Uke and, ..... well it's just like Steedy said. My fingers found the chords at once. It's nice when the ear is so accurate!:cool:

Cadia

And its a pleasing combo of chords to strum and play with.