What did you do today? Anything hobby-related.

I learned about diminished chords and also memorized several new chords, practiced playing them (those blasted B chords! 😝) and did a couple practice run throughs of two songs I’m currently learning: Yellow by Coldplay and Down on the Corner by CCR.

Don’t you think there’s some kind of magnetic field in Troutdale that causes UPS and FedEx trucks to circle pointlessly for days? Every time I see a package get routed through Troutdale I think I’m going to be filing a lost package claim, but so far it hasn’t happened. Good luck with yours!
Supposedly it reached the local depot yesterday morning, went out for delivery at 6:02AM, and is still showing on the truck now at 3:30PM today. I was able to request it be held at a local FedEx store so I didn't have to wait at home again to sign for it. In the past I've had things dropped off earlier to those than waiting at home. There haven't been any updates today. Maybe the truck is heading back to Troutdale.

Of course, with no guitar I don't have an excuse not to work on my clawhammer uke. Unfortunately right after my last post saying I was about to do so I was hit by a medical emergency and music lost its priority. Back to it today, I hope!

I've been down with a bug, so all I've done is watch youtube videos and color in my cusswords coloring book that my bestie gave me.

Today I downloaded tab editor software. It's my first time really writing anything original down, digital or not, and my first time messing with music software. The piece is very short and is the start of something, not complete. Or maybe it is complete, who knows.

Whatever this is, it's pretty fun so far. And this probably seems silly now, but I had no idea that software like this could play the music too. :p Neat.

View attachment 145619
Can I ask what software you are using?

My uke teacher has me mapping out chord progressions of a song that I learned to play last week. E.g., V and iim7 and such. Then today I plan to go through a chapter or two of the book Next Level Ukulele by David Shipway. I like it because part of the book encourages you to learn to recognize progressions (e.g., I IV V7) by ear. Lots of audio tracks are included to listen to and play with.

I wrote these lyrics...I'll play it soon when over a cold

I wandered to a place where black void eats bright searchlight
I followed a curious shimmer that glistened in the air
I made my way through a place of neon signs and razorwire
I found myself in unseelie lands where only the foolish ones dare

I wandered through a strange place where rock and tree flickered at the edges
I saw the turrets of a castle, teeth and talons of shimmering black stone
I heard the plunge and surge of the strings, the wailing of a violin
I heard a man in black velvet sing in a soaring dark gold baritone

And the red and gold whorls in his dark eyes seemed to mesmerize
And the soaring and wailing strings seemed to hypnotize

He stepped across the dew laden grass to me and spoke
He said I am King Finvara, what brings you to this land
He had raven hair and eyes the color of glistening mercury
Then the strings and the woodwinds swelled, and he offered me his hand

He said good lady I invite you to dance for one night only
After midnight strikes you must trespass here no more
He who has many eyes and whose bite carries deadly venom
I dare not anger Crom Cruac the highest and terrible serpent lord

And the red and gold whorls in his dark eyes seemed to mesmerize
And the soaring and wailing strings seemed to hypnotize

It's a kind of happier version of my other song Findabhair's Lament. Also inspired by the novel The Hunter's Moon.

I learned about diminished chords and also memorized several new chords, practiced playing them (those blasted B chords! 😝) and did a couple practice run throughs of two songs I’m currently learning: Yellow by Coldplay and Down on the Corner by CCR.
I’m not familiar with Yellow but DOTC sounds great on a uke!

I’m not familiar with Yellow but DOTC sounds great on a uke!
Yes! I love pretty much all CCR songs. I wish I was good at it though.. :) I was thinking about doing Yellow for the last SOTU, but..didn’t get it down well enough to share. Too cringey. :)

Yes! I love pretty much all CCR songs. I wish I was good at it though.. :) I was thinking about doing Yellow for the last SOTU, but..didn’t get it down well enough to share. Too cringey. :)
LOL- I’ve concluded that if I wait to post SOTU entries until I get them past cringey, I’m not likely to live that long.

I bought a soundhole humidifier. I have the flu too. Seems to be going around. Hope you feel better, Nickie!

Top Bottom