What do 2 Moore Bettah ukes sound like?

Kmetzger

After acquiring my second Moore Bettah in 2013, I promised luthier Chuck Moore I would record a song of his choosing. He sent me a list of three songs - old jazz tunes. I finally got around to honoring my commitment to him recently, picking the 1938 Hoagy Carmichael song to record from his list, "The Nearness of You". I used both my Moore Bettah Koa and my Moore Bettah bear-claw Spruce/Milo ukes on this, along with two tracks of vocals. And finished it yesterday.

You can hear the recording here: https://soundcloud.com/keithmetzger/the-nearness-of-you

(No EQ on either uke. Just some reverb.)

As you all know, Chuck makes superb sounding, playing and looking instruments. His work has propelled and inspired me. Most of the cover recordings I do are more produced, with more tracks, percussion, etc. This time I deliberately went for sparseness, so as to let the individual character of each Moore Bettah shine through. (I think that made it moore bettah :)

Enjoy.

Keith

UkerDanno

very nice, but I think 2 Moore Bettahs only deserve a video!

wickedwahine11

Super Moderator
Staff member
It sounds lovely, nice job. I am with Danno though, a video would be great. :)

Jim Hanks

So deceptively simple. I don't have the courage to leave my uke playing (or vocals) so exposed. Well done. Looking forward to more.

keod

Simply....beautiful. I will be smiling all day!!! Thank you.

LittleCeci

I really wanna hear the sound. But when I click the webpage, I see nothing... It must be the Internet restrictions in my country again:(

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
Beautiful rendition of a beautiful song. Thanks for posting.

Image how good it would sound with a third Moore Bettah! :rolleyes:

LittleCeci

Oh my god! Such a nice voice with MB ukes. Thanks for sharing. Your voice is enchanting��