What is the baritone fingerstyle pattern for Colorado Christmas by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band?

You’re very welcome.

My fingers do this stuff on autopilot and I’ve had to pause when asked ‘how’ at Uke circles.

Writing brings out some stuff I didn’t know I knew and clarifies my technique going forwards.

Here’s another Christmas song that you can fingerprint playing solo or strum leading a song circle. The first guitar is playing boom chuk country rhythm. The second guitar can be heard playing ‘fills’ in the gaps between lyrics, part of a triad counter melody.

Nice! I like the song.

I just want to back what ohers are saying.

Just alternate the bass note between the D and G strings as a guitarist would alternate between the E, A and D strings. Don't get hung up on if the root note is "right" or not.
This is just ukulele playing for you.
One thing I will add is this. Just keep the alternating bass slow on a ukulele at 4 beats per bar. A lot of guitarists are playing faster with 8 alternate bass notes per bar, and this works with the lower pitch strings on a guitar, but when you try to do this on a ukulele, it just makes the midrange too dense.

I do do an 8 alternate bass picks per bar ( d, g+b, d, g+e, d, g+b, d, g+e) for some songs, it seems to work for Rock and Roll, yet its just too dense in the midrange for many songs on a ukulele.

I just want to back what ohers are saying.

Just alternate the bass note between the D and G strings as a guitarist would alternate between the E, A and D strings. Don't get hung up on if the root note is "right" or not.
This is just ukulele playing for you.
One thing I will add is this. Just keep the alternating bass slow on a ukulele at 4 beats per bar. A lot of guitarists are playing faster with 8 alternate bass notes per bar, and this works with the lower pitch strings on a guitar, but when you try to do this on a ukulele, it just makes the midrange too dense.

I do do an 8 alternate bass picks per bar ( d, g+b, d, g+e, d, g+b, d, g+e) for some songs, it seems to work for Rock and Roll, yet its just too dense in the midrange for many songs on a ukulele.
Thanks so much for your advice. I was kind of struggling with figuring that out. This filled in that knowledge gap quite nicely.

Top Bottom