What is the easiest Christmas song/carol?

Inner Prop

Reaction score
Mundelein, Fremont Township, Lake County, Illinois
We do Christmas over at my Mom's house on New Year's weekend. I got a uke for Christmas. All these 9 chord Christmas songs/carols are pretty hard. Is there an easy one I could learn?

Search a thread titled Frosty The Snowman. That will lead you to a link with some easy Christmas Carols, one being Silent Night and Frosty the Snowman, both just 2 or 3 easy chords.

Roxhum

Angels We Have Heard on High (Just kidding, that is one of the hardest - I love the song but can't stand having to play it 'cause it's tough on just about anything outside of a keyboard.

Silent Night is pretty easy. There were three or four videos of it here this year ranging from my very simple little thing to a couple of pretty nice melody-chord arrangements.

I think O Holy Night is easy if I remember right, we didn't play it this year so my memory might be faulty.

What Child is This (Greensleeves) is a little harder but if you break it down into A and B phrases it's not really that bad (it's basically ABAB through one verse and chorus, and the only difference between the A and B part is in the last measure). Strumming and picking are both pretty easy in Am, and strumming is easy in Dm.

John

O Come All ye faithful in the key of D is easy

Jingle Bells in the key of C is easy

The book with the chords are here

And if you want to get fancy, google up the words for "Australian Jingle Bells" lol

Silent Night was pretty good. I'm not working on picking and singing yet, I'm just happy to chord and sing. What I did with Silent Night was up strum each bar and sang very softly. I really didn't get a chance to do it infront of anybody, but I was happy with it.

I could also do Santa Baby by chords, but I can't seem to get the singing down. I'll have to listen to it more.

Jingle Bells actually sounds much better picked. I've seen about three versions, but none of the chords sound right to me.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Top Bottom