What name ?

Timbuck

Reaction score
Last edited:
Wow, hard to say. It seems to be a little bit of all of that. Quite interesting!

You can't go wrong with figured since that's the generic term. In my view, it's not birdseye, or quilted, curly could work since it has lines of grain, but they usually run sideways rather than the long direction.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I think quilted is the correct description.... Except that many don't really know what that is, hence figured being a good catch-all.

It doesn't matter. As soon as they see Timms it will be sold.
Unless, of course, you're thinking of jacking up the price. In that case: "interestingly figured"
Miguel

"This ukulele comes with a luscious old growth mahogany soundboard displaying gorgeous figured grain displaying subtle areas of quilted wood interspersed with interesting birdseye accents offset by dark curls giving the instrument a strong, masculine sound yet oddly feminine and delicate overtones this wood is famous for."

What Sequoia said. I'd buy that!

John Colter

"This ukulele comes with a luscious old growth mahogany soundboard displaying gorgeous figured grain displaying subtle areas of quilted wood interspersed with interesting birdseye accents offset by dark curls giving the instrument a strong, masculine sound yet oddly feminine and delicate overtones this wood is famous for."
That description should bring in a load of extra bids on flea bay :) Brilliant..you now get the job as my sales manager.

It sounds lush and yet restrained with notes that hint of peach and nutmeg and clear, bell-like tones giving a full sound with presence and authority. Having both volume and incredible sustain, this ukulele does it all with panache and class.
That sounds like the label script off a bottle of Australian fortified wine. :)

If that's what Sequoia has been drinking, I need to get me some!

John Colter

Top Bottom