What was the last uke you bought? And what uke are you planning to buy next?

richntacoma

UU VIP
UU VIP
Collings, 2019 UC-1K from a member of this community. It arrives with 24 hours!

Timbuck

My current uke is one we built here, a Compass Rose all koa bodied 12 fret to the body tenor. Next I want to build a 16 fret Bb tenor. Capoed at the second fret will be a "normal" low G, C tuning tenor. Capo off, it will be a whole tone lower. Milo back and sides, maybe a sinker redwood or giant Sequoia top.

Hi Rick are you back building ukes again for fun :) ??....This week I purchased a Korean made Michael Kelly S6 that you designed... I would have prefered one that you built yourself but I couldn't find one at the right price here in the UK....Still it's a great instrument.. Only I wish I could play it better.

Jerryc41

Photos or it didn't happen! ;)

No pictures! That explains why I can't find it. :D

I have two new ones to photograph, but I've been too busy. When they perfect human cloning, I'll be able to catch up. : )

quattrocorde

Just got a new Kumu Longneck Soprano - it's a beauty. Laminate koa, and I prefer the tone to my Kiwaya KS-5. It's heavier than the KS-5, but it's also about half the price, as they're having a big sale direct from Leolani/Kumu right now... it's absolutely a keeper.

A Ken Timms koa soprano. I now have three outstanding sopranos and I honestly don't feel any need to buy another ukulele. For the first time in quite a while :)

Loska

I might have just bought a Kamaka HF-2. Oops. And I am NOT planning to buy anything next! UAS, I refuse to listen to you. :stop:

clear

Just bought: Kamaka HF-1, Kamaka HF-2, KoAloha KSM-02
Planning next: Kamaka HF-1D

Dohle

Oh wow, that's quite a haul. For the longest time, I wanted to get a Kamaka HF-1D as well but they seem to be rarer than hen's teeth so I settled for a standard HF-1.

clear

Oh wow, that's quite a haul. For the longest time, I wanted to get a Kamaka HF-1D as well but they seem to be rarer than hen's teeth so I settled for a standard HF-1.

I like the HF-1 so I'm buying the HF-1D. If I had known that I'll like the HF-1, then I'd go straight to the HF-1D and save some trouble and money.

The HF-1D seems readily available in the USA. However, I noticed that the store I buy from can't legally ship them to Europe.
You may be able use a proxy buyer or just come for a USA vacation (once the COVID19 is over). Hawaii is a really nice place to go.

Mogate

Last purchased: Magic Fluke SB-20 Tenor

Planned: Flight Victoria CEQ Tenor

bynapkinart

Last purchased was a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, next will be a Hawaiian soprano tbd. Maybe an old Kamaka? Keeping my eyes peeled for a vintage Kumalae but will know it when I find it ��

Steve_S

This is my recently acquired Rob Collins (Tinguitar) Tenor. Specification as in my sig plus the binding is maple with a maple insert in the neck, the fretboard is laburnum and the rosette is walnut. Pictures are from Rob. Very pleased with it indeed!

117167316_3168580406565602_6138271308020388138_o.jpg

117123115_3168580229898953_5142174973551258476_o.jpg

Jerryc41

I forgot that I ordered an Antica Ukuleria soprano, with a build scheduled for January.

clear

I forgot that I ordered an Antica Ukuleria soprano, with a build scheduled for January.

The problem with online buying is that we buy so many things that we sometimes forget what we've bought if it doesn't ship fast enough. (I use tracking emails to remember what I've purchased, so if things don't ship fast enough, I forget.)

But, in a way, it's too bad that you've now remembered. Because, now, you can't be surprised with a mystery package bearing your name at you door.

mikelz777

Maybe it was due to COVID boredom or maybe it was due to a perceived bargain but I just ordered a uke off of AliExpress for $51 and change total after added shipping and taxes. It's kind of a beauty so I hope it lives up to the pictures and I hope it outperforms the price I paid for it. I figured at that price it was a small gamble and my expectations are proportionate to the price I paid. The anticipation of getting it in the mail is kind of fun too so I'll have that for the next 4 weeks or so.

h2owmn

I bought my first ukulele, a Kala ASCPT (solid cedar top, solid pao fero sides/back tenor ) in July. I am going on a rafting trip with some bluegrass folks this month and don't want to take the risk of taking it along, so I ordered a white Enya Nova concert which arrives early next week. I hope that'll be it for awhile, but I saw somewhere here that Enya Nova tenor is in the works....if that happens, I'll probably pass the concert on to my granddaughter to take backpacking and get the tenor for myself.

BigJackBrass

Charlatan, Humbug & Imitation Humorist
UU VIP
As mentioned in a different thread the last uke I bought would have been an Ohana SK50-WG, a very attractive soprano with a solid cedar top, but when I spotted that one of the internal braces was broken it had to go back. I then found a discounted Romero Creations XS Soprano, spruce top with laminate mahogany back and sides, and ordered it, only to have the original vendor come back to me with an offer of a B-stock example of the Ohana... So I've ended up with two new ukes this week and I think it will be a long time and many earned brownie points before I will be getting another.

Loska

Oh my, I just bought a Ken Timms koa soprano via ebay auction. I placed my last bid when I had a short break at work, and thought that I wouldn't have a chance. Well, an invoice was waiting for me when I finished. I'm very happy! Next? Nothing!

Griole

UU VIP
UU VIP
LAST is a Sonny D long-neck soprano, and I found it based on Ukecaster's post. It was purely an impulse buy, since I mainly play Baritones. However, when I found out that the Guitar Center that had it was pretty much local, I caved in, and drove down to check it out. I have always been a fan of "bell-shaped" bodies, and this was relatively cheap. I definitely didn't need it, probably won't play it a lot, but it's a pretty cool uke, and fun to play.

NEXT Not looking for, nor do I need, anything!

Gmoney

Last purchased was a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, next will be a Hawaiian soprano tbd. Maybe an old Kamaka? Keeping my eyes peeled for a vintage Kumalae but will know it when I find it ��

Did someone say "Vintage Kumalae"?? I may have just the uke you NEED! :)

I had some minor work done by Jake Wildwood

https://jakewildwood.blogspot.com/2013/11/c1920-kumalae-koa-soprano-ukulele.html

This is mine that I intend to sale pronto, just don't know the price yet. (NOTE: Updated URL to corrected link!)

- Mahalo

Last edited: