What's for dinner?

Tonight’s supper was what certain US fast food joints refer to as “chili pie”. No idea why it’s called that. It’s Trader Joe’s corn chips smothered in home made chili, with guacamole on the side for dipping extra corn chips.

Halal cart style chicken, turmeric rice, broccolini, and homemade pita
314101B7-73DC-41AE-ABB0-E1C5AE75A02F.jpeg

Recipe:

Halal cart style chicken, turmeric rice, broccolini, and homemade pita
View attachment 147024

Recipe:
Oooh thanks for the recipe! I might have to try this with rabbit (although can't do this white sauce - no egg, no dairy here, sigh, I'll have to try something else). Looks delicious!!! Love all those flavours!

Oooh thanks for the recipe! I might have to try this with rabbit (although can't do this white sauce - no egg, no dairy here, sigh, I'll have to try something else). Looks delicious!!! Love all those flavours!
The sauce is eminently skippable, and isn’t what I used here. If I’d planned better I’d have made hummus and drizzled with some tahini. There’s a bunch of pita left, so garbanzo beans are soaking to make hummus for lunch tomorrow

16738156791940.jpg
Soaking and about to be thrown in the Quicker Cooker with duck ham, herbs and veg for dinner. These are all of the varieties of dried beans that we grew last year. Some are landraces that we collected from our own plants over the years, some I remember the names, many I don't.

Wings, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes. We had about 30+ chicken wings delivered to us from a friend this weekend, along with carcasses after processing so we could turn them into stock. 19 quarts of stock later... plus a chicken wing dinner tonight.

I want this, it sounds and looks delicious. I am surprised I'd never heard of this before.
Recipes are easy to find. My first attempt was to follow the recipe for Steak and Ale Pie from America’s Test Kitchen On YouTube. Their crust beats all others. Now I try different fillings for variety. It’s such a nice comfort food.

Tonight's dinner was exceptionally delicious. Beef, bean and cheese Chimichangas with homemade pico de gallo, sour cream. refried beans and Spanish rice.

Stir fry and bunny crack. It's a tempera battered knockoff recipe from some chain for Chinese chicken nugget things; we use rabbit tenderloin, and it's amazing so it's bunny crack. You can't stop.

A jimmy dean hot sausage patty topped with a fried egg and a slice of cheese served on a toasted half bun open faced with a ridiculous amount of black cracked pepper and a smidge of salt. Cooked on my 260 watt Nostalgia MyMini Noodle Cooker and Griddle powered by my Sudoo 372 watt portable solar station. I'm in the boondocks lovin' me some tiny life.

Top Bottom