What's happening in your shed?

Didn't get a koa ukulele for Christmas, so I decided to make a live edge bowl from a saved piece of black acacia firewood.

Have to stop, for now, naturally, I made the mortise too big for my jaws so have a new set on order.

Almost feels like I have at least several ukuleles wasted in shavings.

I hope it is okay to post this in this thread. Amateur Woodworker. Hoping to make my own ukulele some day, but this is all I can do right now.

1292491396009196374.jpg

Last edited:
Have temporarily set my tenor uke build aside while I work on my (gasp!) tenor guitar. Here's the jig I concocted to cut and glue the scarf joint. The body mold halves and Indian Rosewood back are in the background.
P1020923.jpgP1020925.jpg

Started to make a biscuit tin concert from a Waitrose tin and some reclaimed cherry from my Mother-in-Laws kitchen. I might give it a pickup too as I doubt the tin will have much volume.

biscuit tin uke.jpg

Max

apologies. I usually use photobucket but they have gone all funny so I am moving away from them (not an easy task I might add!). I used the "upload" feature here and this is what it does to your photo, unless I am missing something.

I think I've got it now.

waitrose.jpg

apologies. I usually use photobucket but they have gone all funny so I am moving away from them (not an easy task I might add!). I used the "upload" feature here and this is what it does to your photo, unless I am missing something.

I think I've got it now.

View attachment 114465
I don't use photobucket any more since they tried to ransom me....I now use Flickr.

i found a very technical way of downloading each of my individual photos as they have removed the download album feature. It involved installing the ubuntu linux shell on windows 10 and running some complex curl commands, but now all 3.5K photos are safely on a memory stick in my pocket.
By the way folks if you have content on photobucket, they are planning to cap storage on the 15th Jan 2019 and you might lose stuff.

I have a load of stuff on there..I'll see if I can get my "IT learned Son" to get them off and stored elswhere...Thanks for the heads up.

I got my son on the job and he has down loaded every pic and video I had on Photobucket using this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...ownloa/jmpbbfglflhdhbmimlcacoojpkeopelc?hl=en

it cost me £1.29 But! they are all on my desktop and I've odered a memory stick to store them ...now Photobucket can go and get stuffed :cheers:

Last edited:
Some of the instruments I'm currently working on...
dqUdU1N.jpg

neck.jpg

Installed the tuners and cut some fret slots for the biscuit tin uke I am working on.

Max

And then noticed that fret 8 had not seated properly and had to be removed and reset. Grrr! Blast these pesky eyes!

Top Bottom