What's Up With The New "Points" Thing By Posters?

Can you redeem your trophies for bitcoin?
NFTs…
It is, but it shouldn't have to be!

I think the idea of "liking" posts makes people seek validation and encourages self-censorship.

This interview with Leah Perlman (one of the inventors of the like button on Facebook) covers a few things I dislike about it.

I find it odd that anyone would put the onus of what to ignore on user interface designers of corporations… I mean, right now Facebook is down & their employees reportedly can’t into their work buildings, lol….

It is, but it shouldn't have to be!

I think the idea of "liking" posts makes people seek validation and encourages self-censorship.

This interview with Leah Perlman (one of the inventors of the like button on Facebook) covers a few things I dislike about it.

No one is making others seek validation, via ”like” buttons. “Like“ can but doesn’t necessarily constitute actual affinity for, as it can be just a marker of a specific comment, acknowledgement, or whatever. Many intelligent users of Twitter (which has only 1 rxn button) have something variation of “♥️(Heart symbol)≠endorsement” in their bio.
The more important question isn’t, “So why are you happy to admit you crave public validation?” but rather a focus on the root of the craving of quantity of external validation, without regard for quality.

Comments get ”liked” for a variety of reason. eg on UU:
-I do not want to buy a full spool of pink Seaguar fluorocarbon when I already have same diameter in blue. So I “like“ someone’s comment re their observation of the pinks. And that “like” lands on a comment of someone who may carry some amount of credibility due to depth of experience as exhibited by other postings on UU & otherwise. Doesn’t likely affect someone’s sense of validity, as they merely posted their physical observation of that pink string.
-I publicly wonder how/what someone’s uke storage system is made/designed when they publicly mention it. They post a photo w written description & I acknowledge their effort & creativity in how they repurpose IKEA.

Much Ado About Nothing (from Act 5, Scene 1) By Wm. Shakespeare

Know, Claudio, to thy head,
Thou hast so wronged mine innocent child and me
That I am forced to lay my reverence by,
And with gray hairs and bruise of many days
Do challenge thee to trial of a man.
I say thou hast belied mine innocent child.
Thy slander hath gone through and through her
heart,
And she lies buried with her ancestors,
O, in a tomb where never scandal slept,
Save this of hers, framed by thy calumny.

Last edited:
It will be great to get free btc like achievements. Ithink many social media and forums can implement it. Users will became more active because everyone want to get free coins. And after opportunity to spend it. I have already registered on service which provide accept bitcoin payments

Last edited:
Top Bottom