Which Chord To Pose With?

don_b

Reaction score
When you're going to be photograpbed holding your ukulele, and youre aware of it to the point where you can deliberately pose for the photo, which chord do you finger on the fretboard for the shot? G major? Perhaps the more exotic Bb minor? A single note?

Any chord that uses your pinky is good. 1402 is good. Also Fmaj7 (2413) or G5 (0235).

I know 0 about music theory. I just pose with the opening chord of whatever song is on my mind haha

Just take a second look for unintended consequences. On a scrollsaw board I used to frequent a poster shared a piece he'd made with a guitarist playing a C chord. If you didn't know what you were looking at it was easily mistaken for a rude gesture, and once seen it couldn't be unseen. The piece was intended for a church but was a bit more punk than intended.

I have a one photo taken of me playing/posing. I cannot tell what I'm playing. It is around the 15th fret and it looks like a minor chord with the root on the E string

Attachments

• 2019-06-05-034452.jpg
    2019-06-05-034452.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 13
Shaka Cord :)
Jody-Kamisato-shaka.jpg

I was wondering when the forum would finally get around to discussing something important like this! I'm so sick of the trivia we've been dealing with over the years. What a great and momentous occasion! I was unsure of the issue under discussion, so I consulted "Miss Piggy's Guide to Life," my "go to" authority for just about everything. Her advice is so simple and sensible! You must hold your Ukulele in a manner to block out as many of the other players from the photograph as possible! Remember, YOU are the star!!! Now, if you are the only subject being photographed, just hold the Ukulele in a normal position, but finger a barre D6 chord (2222), with your middle, ring, and pinky fingers tucked behind the neck, so that your index finger is pointing directly at YOU! And remember, "Say Cheese!" :cool:

Attachments

• WIN_20211007_11_52_24_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20211007_11_52_24_Pro.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 0
Sometimes I need very specific poses highlighting the subject of whatever I'm using the photo for. For instance, I was just going through my pictures to find cover images for my latest ebook about single string picking. There weren't very many pics of me picking!

Otherwise, I just diddle around and try to look pretty and hope my brother can capture something usable. Shout out to https://evanbordessa.zenfolio.com/! If you need pictures on Big Island, hit him up.

My vote is E major or F major 7. If you can hold either chord and make it look like a breeze . . . that would be impressisve!

The shirt definitely adds to the chord shape!! ;)

Top Bottom