White lines

jupiteruke

I saw this as a comment on some post (whether in this forum or some other I forget) but this works very well and I thought I'd pass it along. I used to use white artist pencils to make lines on dark woods but they were always breaking off when sharpened to a point. These 'Sewline' mechanical pencils write white with a .9mm lead. They are designed to write on fabric. Little breakage, a constant width line, and the white erases off easily. I recommend.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 40

sequoia

Now that is a great tip. I never did find a white line pencil that was worth didly squat and we all know what it is like to hunt for a dark lead line on a dark piece of wood. Finding and staying on your ledger lines is a good thing! Don't forget to erase before finishing! I've done and so have many others....

Arcy

Word to the wise: ordering your own is cheaper than stealing one from your wife's sewing room (not as bad as stealing the fabric shears. Don't even think about using the fabric shears on non-fabrics)

Coast_Ukulele

UU VIP
UU VIP
seriously a solid tip! and i just got a sewing machine so this might come in handy for that too!

yakka

Word to the wise: ordering your own is cheaper than stealing one from your wife's sewing room (not as bad as stealing the fabric shears. Don't even think about using the fabric shears on non-fabrics)
amen brother

taylordb

I just tried this out and it really works great! Thanks so much for the tip.