"Why?" by Jelly Roll Morton

Jnobianchi

Hi - been a looong time since I posted anything, but getting back up on that horse, and just recorded this Jelly Roll Morton tune over the weekend.

This is played on a Martin from the early 20's that ws owned by vaudeville artist Prince Wong, and which I bought from a pawn shop of all places; then it was fixed up by Mamie Minch at Brooklyn Lutherie and I love the way it plays now.

I hope that you like it!

Camsuke

Fabulous as always John, I really enjoyed this one, thank you for sharing! I'm loving that uke too, what a lucky find!

Jnobianchi

Thanks, Campbell! I appreciate it! Yes, it was very lucky, and it was cheap, but it was not in the best of shape. After putting in some work, three small cracks glued and cleated, fretboard restored and the tiny position markers replaced, it's finally right where it should be in terms of sound and playability.

barefootgypsy

I was so glad to see this, John, I'd been missing your videos! It is supeeeeeeerbbbb! As always. :D

Jools1050

Great song. Skilful playing and very nice vibrato in your singing !

RichM

Wonderful, John! Good to see you back on the board. I'm still playing your Stromberg, btw!

Jnobianchi

Hey, Rich! Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I'm down to none at this point - just have the two Gibsons and the Wendell Hall.

Thank you, Ukeval! I'm glad that you liked it. I just listened to one of your 1K videos - GREAT job!!