Worth brown on a kamaka and a kanila tenor

Mikemj

Hi everyone, just bought a tenor kamaka and a kanila tenor I hate the strings that they came with but I like worth Browns has anybody put these strings on there kamaka or there kanila and what did they think thanks again for this strings problem.

rappsy

Hi everyone, just bought a tenor kamaka and a kanila tenor I hate the strings that they came with but I like worth Browns has anybody put these strings on there kamaka or there kanila and what did they think thanks again for this strings problem.

Welcome to the forum.

I found Kamakas to be a bit on the mild side. I felt the strings needed to be somewhat brighter. The Browns are pretty mild. I liked Martins on them. On the Kanile'a, the Browns would mild down a fairly punchy Uke. You might want to try Martins, Oasis Brights, Worth Clears.

These are overall suggestions. Keep in mind that I don't know what you like or which models you have. I like bright. If you do too, then these are worthwhile suggestions. If not, stick with the Browns or Fremont Blacklines.

Mikemj

Hi rappsy thanks for that info having got a kamaka 8 string which has got worth brown and I love it but that is a 8 string thanks for the warm welcome.

Booli

Hi rappsy thanks for that info having got a kamaka 8 string which has got worth brown and I love it but that is a 8 string thanks for the warm welcome.

Worth makes 8-string sets in Brown as model 'B-8' and in Clears as model 'C-8'

see here and SCROLL DOWN to see them among ALL of the sets that Worth offers:

http://worthc.to/english/w_strings.html

Worth strings can be had at any of over a dozen online dealers, many of which ship worldwide.

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Depends if your preference is warm, browns work...depends how your kamaka sounds generally too.
There aRe slight differences in each kamakas tone. I prefer either oasis non wound re entrant brights or aquilas