Would anyone like a Halloween concert via Zoom?

Voran

Reaction score
I don't mean to be big headed or narcissistic, I'm not Bjork or Joni Mitchell here...but I get very bored living in an isolated area and thought why not do a ukulele concert for fun...

I think it's a great idea, and you don't need our permission. If you have the time and some of your songs to share, then go for it. You could pick any format (Zoom, YouTube, ...) you like and then publish the link etc. If technical issues scupper your plans, you could upload a recording instead. You aim to entertain and have fun, so why not?

I think it's a great idea, and you don't need our permission. If you have the time and some of your songs to share, then go for it. You could pick any format (Zoom, YouTube, ...) you like and then publish the link etc. If technical issues scupper your plans, you could upload a recording instead. You aim to entertain and have fun, so why not?
I just thought it comes off as a bit vain to do a solo concert but then again, it's just fun to sing!

Hmm Youtube might be better, my microphone often acts odd on Zoom and has to be muted...

I say you go for it! You are "new" here but from what I gather, the Halloween theme would fit you perfectly.

You could do a circle Zoom where each participant plays a song. My group is playing on the 31st from 1 to 2:30 on the patio of a sandwich shop with about 30 of us. I'm sure some will be wearing costumes too. We do Spooky, The Addams Family, Witch Doctor, Love Potion #9, Purple People Eater.

This is the costume I wore when we last met 2 years ago (notice the headstock label).

costume me 800.jpg

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
You could do a circle Zoom where each participant plays a song. My group is playing on the 31st from 1 to 2:30 on the patio of a sandwich shop with about 30 of us. I'm sure some will be wearing costumes too. We do Spooky, The Addams Family, Witch Doctor, Love Potion #9, Purple People Eater.

This is the costume I wore when we last met 2 years ago (notice the headstock label).

View attachment 136469

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
Ooh, clever!

There's already an open mike on Zoom the day before, might just do a Youtube one and share the link :)

View attachment 136469

These are nice songs. I did not know some of them until I participated in Craig Chee and Sara Maisel Halloween course last week where they were taught. That was a good start, though I did not have a chance to practice at all since then.

Give us a link and a time Voran and I'll tune in.

Update...it's still going on, no thanks to me being aphonic for a while earlier. My voice seems to be working now though

I just thought it comes off as a bit vain to do a solo concert but then again, it's just fun to sing!

Hmm Youtube might be better, my microphone often acts odd on Zoom and has to be muted...
Hi Voran, realizing that this relates to a somewhat outdated post, and also that you may already be fully knowledgeable about what I'm about to offer, I nonetheless wanted to mention (in reference to your observation that your mic often acts oddly on Zoom) that for purposes of musical performance on Zoom, it's often recommended that when you start a new "meeting" on Zoom, you look in the upper left-hand corner of your Zoom screen and click on the option that says "Original Sound On". As I understand it, if you don't do this, the Zoom program will apply "background-noise-suppression filters" to your performance (as it would if you were simply conducting a regular online meeting with spoken word only), and this can make your singing and playing sound "garbled" to the listener. But if you choose the "Original Sound On" option, it allows your musical performance to pass to the listener cleanly. I toss this out there for what it may be worth!

Top Bottom