WTB - 5 String Uke

Anyone? I know they're still a rare beast, but I would have thought there might be one going spare? :D

There are always Oscar Schmidt's Willy Ks on eBay. I just picked up the passive pickup version.

I was going to look into a S/H one first.

Getting one new from the States is cheap, until you add the shipping and taxes.

Getting one new from the UK is, quite frankly, another example of stuff being massively overpriced!

I'll keep looking, but thanks for the replies guys :D

I was going to look into a S/H one first.

Getting one new from the States is cheap, until you add the shipping and taxes.

Getting one new from the UK is, quite frankly, another example of stuff being massively overpriced!

I'll keep looking, but thanks for the replies guys :D
I know someone in the UK who was planning to sell one a few weeks ago - I'll chase it up for you......

Oooh ...... that sounds brilliant Lesley. Keep me informed! :D

Oooh ...... that sounds brilliant Lesley. Keep me informed! :D
I just checked - she's definitely selling when she's got the custom-build that will replace it - four months hence! Perhaps by that time you'll be sorted. She said to tell you Ohana brand new retail £250 "and are worth it...." I have seen hers... nice! I will update you though when I know anything...

Cheers Lesley ...... if I don't find one in the meantime, that will be great!

And cheers Pondweed - that looks like an interesting uke. Got it on my watch list! The placement of that 5th tuner has also got me thinking about a possible conversion ........ :D

And cheers Pondweed - that looks like an interesting uke. Got it on my watch list! The placement of that 5th tuner has also got me thinking about a possible conversion ........ :D[/QUOTE]

thats what i was thinking. I started wondering what a 5 string would be like but that one doesn't look particularly enticing and I started wondering the same thing!

Which way round do the two G's go? and is the nut width on 5 strings mostly the same as a 4 string??

Speaking of conversions. Before I got the Oscar Schmidt Willie K for my "beater" 5-string I took a long, long, look at my slot head cutaway Mainland mahogany tenor. And I'm still thinking about whether I can maybe elongate the G-side slot and fit three-on-a-side classical guitar tuners there...

Got the PM - thankyou. I'll send her an email :D

Top Bottom